Can't level wizard due to knowing all available spells

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by SwingBlade, Sep 5, 2016.

Remove all ads!
  1. SwingBlade

SwingBlade Member

Having regretted my previous wizard build for having locked out necromancy, I decided to bring in a new PC after I bought the Castle of the Lords. Before releasing my old wizard, I had her scribe out her spellbook to the newbie. Combined with pulling scrolls from vendors, I have managed to teach her every possible spell currently available to her. While this would normally be cool, it means that when I try to level her up, I'm unable to pass the Spell part of leveling.

2. Gehennis

Gehennis Established Member

There's a thread just a few down from yours by a gent named Thirteen where he had similar issues. While I imagine you could use a console command to change things you may just want to go to an earlier save and start over and not learn all spells until you hit level 20...

3. SwingBlade

SwingBlade Member

Mostly my concern is how to get the game to skip requiring that check; I saw this was an issue someone posted from 2010, so I can't help but hope it's been addressed by this point.

I see Sitra mentioned that T+ can be made to skip the spell check while leveling, how do?

4. WinstonShnozwick

WinstonShnozwick Established Member

Probably could just use a T+ fix to change spellcaster levelling requirements to "Selected new spells OR no available selections left".

5. SwingBlade

SwingBlade Member

That's pretty much what I'm looking for, and Sitra did imply such was possible. However I have no idea how to go about even looking for such a fix/command.

6. SwingBlade

SwingBlade Member

In the meantime I'm just going ahead and rerolling the character again it seems the most prudent short-term solution, though I'd love to be able to address this going forward.

7. Sitra Achara

Sitra Achara Senior Member

Yeah I've added a check for filled up level 1 spells, but apparently that wasn't enough ;) I'll address this at the core for next version

Meanwhile you can bring your new wizard up to speed with the python command spell_known_add. IIRC there's a full specification you can find by searching this forum. You can also prepare all the spells you want in notepad and copy-paste them into the console line for ease of use.

8. marc1967

marc1967 Established Member

Too bad there wasn't a spell_known_remove. This would be so convenient for a multitude of reasons, one of which would be for writing a script to remove all spells and then re-add them with spell_known_add so they would be alphabetized.

9. Sitra Achara

I can add spell_known_remove but sorting the spells is already taken care of ;)

marc1967 and SwingBlade like this.
  10. SwingBlade

SwingBlade Member

I saw that 1.0.19 went out, is the fix part of that?

11. Sitra Achara

No, that was a hotfix for Prayer Beads Karma and a couple other bugs. The wizard spells thing will have to be done with some care and testing.

12. SwingBlade

SwingBlade Member

Ah okay, I was confused since your changelog on RPGCodex said that was 1.0.18, not 19.

Our Host!