can i ever get him back?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by BetseyPitts, Nov 17, 2011.

Remove all ads!
  1. BetseyPitts

BetseyPitts Member

first i wanna say, i just join this so sorry if im not doing this right. but anyways... i had a time in my life when i was dating multiple of men, but then i met this guy Shawn, and he was amazing. I ditched all the guys i was dating for him because i really like him and wanted to be serious. And eventually we became serious, we werent in a relationship but in the process of making into one. but one unfort day, i flipped out on him for NO reason. I was pmsing and took it out on the wrong person. i had no right to fight with him when he didnt do anything, he said he forgave me but after that fight we talked less and less to the point that he ignored my texts. then a month later i contacted him again, and we talked and he told me he wants to be friends, but id love to be with him again and start over, and ive told him already that i wish i didnt screw things up but he never said anything. he will text me occasionally but never will mention anything about getting back together, now does anyone think me and this guy will ever get back together, or shouldi jus move on?

2. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

Move on. It sounds like all the signs are there that he's got you in the friend zone, and once you're in the friend zone you almost never get out. Doesn't matter - in a year or two you'll realize it was not such a big deal as it seems right now.

What brought you to Co8, Betsy?

3. GuardianAngel82

GuardianAngel82 Senior Member

I agree with Gaear. He's gone. Move on.

That he quit after one blow up means that he wasn't that into you in the first place. No big loss.

(This sounds like a job for: The Relationship Thread!)

@Gaear - It's obvious, she's cruising for us hot, nerdy guys. ;)

4. kio11

kio11 Established Member

well i have to disagree with these hot, wise gentelmen (zero sarcasm (really)). if you have already dated with a number of guys and only one of the ticked you in the right way then dont let him go. relationships these days are like old socks people swap them like they werent woven by little chinese wage slave kids. make a difference and take a stand and if you loved him enough to scold him on your pms, dont let go.

5. random1

random1 Member

BetseyPitts... you should stop being a spam bot... that will solve all problems.

damn bots are getting more and more entertaining every time I read a post by one

it's ironic how the "geeks" get fooled by them ;)

6. kio11

kio11 Established Member

fooled? just more material for me. people pay for this stuff we get it for free

damn im amazing with ryhmes

7. GuardianAngel82

Since there were no links, I'm thinking it's not a spambot.

8. Gaear

A spambot which doesn't spam? ;)

I did some nominal checking on Betsy yesterday - not in the known spammer database, e-mail which is not suspicious, time zone which is not where most bots come from, etc. Plus no spam links.

The basic tone and approach is a bit suspicious, but why not be diplomatic in case she's real rather than go all hardcore ban-hammer? In the worst case scenario we still get to disseminate relationship advice, which we haven't done for a while here. :)

(Betsy, if you're real, sorry to treat you like a robot.)

9. Scryler

Scryler Night's Wordsmith

It's been my experience that when someone wants a relationship to continue that they let you know it...and this guy Shawn hasn't indicated that he wants anything more than being friends. You've let him know that you'd like more than that...and it sounds like he decreased contact as a result.

So I don't think you have any choice.

Chalk it up to a lesson learned and work on that pmsing thing.

10. Sergio Morozov

Sergio Morozov Paladin

Excuse my ignorance, dear friends, but what does this strange word mean?

11. Gaear

PMS = premenstrual syndrome. "PMSing" = PMS changed to verb form, e.g., "I was being premenstrual," "I was exhibiting signs of premenstrual syndrome," "I was treating someone poorly due to being afflicted with premenstrual syndrome," "I kicked someone's ass who had it coming because I was suffering from premenstrual syndrome," etc.

12. GuardianAngel82

PMS = pre-menstral syndrome.

Some women sometimes let their hormones get the best of their self-control right before their menstral cycle. If you are in a relationship with such a person, it's best to lay low during such a time lest you get used for target practice. ;)

13. Sergio Morozov

Sergio Morozov Paladin

That question was supposed to get an answer from the thread author =D

14. GuardianAngel82

Sorry, Sergei. I was feeling kinda bitchy... :chick:

15. Scryler

Scryler Night's Wordsmith

In my experience, it sneaks up on me, and before I am aware that it is um a matter of self control, it's on me full bore. Generally speaking though, when I 'go off,' it's over long standing issues that haven't been resolved. Seems like they are both more noticeable and irritating when I am pmsing.

There is an antidote, but I am rarely aware of it when pmsing and it's an astute man indeed who realizes what he could do to totally turn things around. :pelvicthr

Our Host!