Call Familliar

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Silencer, Aug 28, 2005.

Remove all ads!
  1. MB

MB Member

Cerulean,

Cool beans on the flying owl....However, I was too eager in one of my last posts, bc I am still having CTDs whenever I try to access the inventory of my pcs in game...with the exception of my wizard character. You mentioned that I should PM you the codes...they will be on there way shortly.

Thanks.

MB

2. Cujo

Cujo Mad Hatter Veteran

It could be that its you wizards portrait thats the problem when its greted out, not the other characters.

3. MB

MB Member

Cujo,

Yep that's what it was...found that out last night. Both of the grey pics were wrong and needed to be fixed.

MB

4. Morpheus

Morpheus Mindflayer Veteran

Has this been integrated into the renegade mods fix package (4.01)?

5. Morpheus

Morpheus Mindflayer Veteran

6. Allyx

Allyx Master Crafter Global Moderator Supporter

Yes it has, all the renegade mods listed in Gaear's thread are rolled into the 4.0.1 patch.

7. Inexorable

Inexorable Member

Is there any way to place your familiar back in your inventory before the 8 hr duration is up? Summoned a snake familiar and its pretty slow moving, not to mention if I know I'm heading into combat shortly I'd want to put it back in my wizards pack so it doesn't get squished by a bugbear or something.

very cool having a familiar that can actually be something more than an inventory item, thanks for the effort.

8. maalri

maalri Immortal

Inex- I would suggest "passing time" or resting- thats how I took care of getting my slowpoke slitherer back "quickly" and safely!

9. Allyx

Yeah, that's it. The spell lasts 8 hours, no more - no less, resting, or passing time is the only way to end the spell. Ooo, while I think of it, I'd like to inform you guys, I've edited the creatures animation speed (blue has the updated version) that should take care of slowpoke creatures. :)

10. Cerulean the Blue

Cerulean the Blue Blue Meanie Veteran

Another update to the Summonable Familiars stuff. With these files the familiar doesn't disappear after a set time (well it will, but the set time is something like 680 years). Instead, when you want the familiar to go back into your pack, you talk to it and tell it to do so.

Oh, and you always summon them from the inventory radial menu now.

When you put the familiar back in your pack it will not heal, but it will remove all spell effects/poison/disease from it. When you call forth the familiar once again, it will still have any damage it had when you put it away, but it will gain hp for any increase in it's masters level while it was in the pack.

[EDIT] Fixed the problem as of 12:33 am GMT on 4/4/2006. Allyx was correct, I forgot the proto.tab file. Please redownload.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 4, 2006
  11. Allyx

Wow, I know you told me briefly about this the other day on the IRC, but now you explained it here in more detail, it sounds exceptionally impressive.

[EDIT] I tried it out and can't get it to work dude, there's no protos.tab in the rar file (I assume there are changes to it that file to make this work), is that as intended?

Last edited: Apr 3, 2006
  12. Cerulean the Blue

Cerulean the Blue Blue Meanie Veteran

D'oh!

Your correct Allyx. I forgot the proto.tab file. Stupid me. That's what I get for rushing. It's fixed now. Please re-download.

Btw, the proto.tab is the base one so far for 4.1.0, so if you use it things might seem a little different is you are not already using Kalshanes fixes.

13. maalri

maalri Immortal

Well as the oh so missed C-Blue would have rightfully griped at me for-- I didn't READ the whole discussion on this--

And thatnks to Ted for telling me again in PM..

To put the Familiar BACK in your Backpack---

Simply "talk" to it -from your radial dial of course-- it goes back rather politely :)

14. Ausdoerrt

Ausdoerrt Veteran Member

Dam, wouldn't it be awesome to have some that do it impolitely? I still remember the great times with imps and dust mephits in BG2. I wonder if it's possible to have wizards summon alignment-based familiars...

15. maalri

maalri Immortal

Well we have had soem work on Call Familiar done--

What about it Modders Extraordinaire??

I remember talk about Pseudodragons from Allyx and such...

Alignment based fabulous familiars a possibility?

Our Host!