Burne

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by blackwind, Apr 6, 2009.

Remove all ads!
  1. blackwind

blackwind Established Member

Is Burne no longer recruitable? I've been to the temple and I can recruit Rufus but I can't get the option to recruit Burne.

2. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

If you've got Burne working on figuring out the orb, he won't get that done until later in the game. (It used to be that he would do it instantly, which was stupid.) And IIRC, he won't join you until he figures it out.

I don't know; people seem to complain about this a lot, so we might let Burne wrap up his studies a little earlier in the future.

3. blackwind

I haven't gotten the orb yet. I asked because I wasn't sure if he was changed. Since Rufus and Burne have the same exact conditions to be recruited in vanilla either this is a bug or something is just weird about this particular game/installation.

Thanks for replying.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2009
  4. wizgeorge

wizgeorge Prophet of Wizardy

Use to you had to make a trip to the temple, do an encounter and then go see him. Now, you have to encounter Romag, the earth temple priest, then you get the recruit dialogue when you go back. At least that's how it worked the last time I played.

5. blackwind

By encounter do you mean I have to get the dialogue with Romag where I can join the Earth temple or can I simply kill him and get the recruit dialogue?

6. wizgeorge

wizgeorge Prophet of Wizardy

I just talked to him then bailed out and left. Don't know if doing the fight will get the recruit dialogue, but it might. Seems like it should. Burne needs to know there are evil factions active in the temple before he'll join.

7. blackwind

I appreciate the help. Thanks.

Our Host!