Builds

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by FredSRichardson, May 16, 2012.

Remove all ads!
  1. General Ghoul

General Ghoul Established Member

Familiar should be exact same alignment as whoever summoned it.

2. erkper

erkper Bugbear Monk Supporter

OK, wasn't sure if that was the case or if the familiar would be TN as most animals should.

3. phlippy g

phlippy g Member

"food processor" 1st level humen rogue (pwr.att./cleave).Then two levels ranger for two-weapon fighting(imp.two-weapon fighting).Then rogue and fighter classes after.I useually have a cleric or druid summon something opposite of my target.By7-9th level he "chews" through just about anything he's next to.:thumbsup:

4. sirchet

sirchet Force for Goodness Moderator Supporter

Ahhh, the ol "summon up some flanking please" maneuver.

5. erkper

I really don't get the 2 lvls of ranger in this build. IIRC, you can't take ITWF with Ranger TWF, so unless you're going to go the 9 levels (or whatever it is) of ranger to get Ranger ITWF you'd be better off taking 2 more levels of fighter and grabbing TWF with the bonus feat.

Now, if you are going straight ranger/rogue to maximize the skill points, I'd understand. ;)

6. phlippy g

phlippy g Member

It comes free and you still the bonus ftr feat's later.Also I forgot to mention the favored enemy (goblinoid) at 1st level.Which help's as far as toee go's.:thumbsup:

7. erkper

Well, its free in the same sense the fighter bonus feat (which could be used for TWF) is also free. The favored enemy is a good point, but can someone confirm if you can get ITWF as a fighter feat if you only have the Ranger TWF feat and not the regular feat?

8. Pygmy

Pygmy Established Member Supporter

No you don't qualify for ITWF with BAB +6 including Rgr TWF.

This actually makes sense as you don't have TWF while you're wearing medium or heavy armour but the ITWF feat isn't programmed to reflect this.

9. phlippy g

phlippy g Member

Pygmy you are correct.I just put down the basic jist of the idea. Outside of the 1st level feats,in no perticular orderas they become available.I have pickedup (impoved two weapon,combat reflexes,exotic weap.bastard sword,great cleave,two weap.defence,impoved iniative,improved critical bastard sword,)Idon't build the fella the same way every time.Also I've taken weapon focus/specalization bastard sword, with the fighter levels.Something else I've done when I reached 10th level rogue at 15th level I could take crippleing strike(forgot that one) and defenceive roll at the same time.I see this as a "cheat",But noticed I was allowed to do this just the same.Oh and for the rules lawyers that notice thare are too many feats listed.I do build the guy different ways in different games.:)

10. Lava

Lava Established Member

Last time I tried it, a wildshaped druid-monk can flurry-of-blows as a bear.

11. hellblazer

hellblazer Established Member

Have you used the druids vestment that lets you turn into a Hill Giant?

Our Host!