Building Credit Quest

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by ayoshi, May 16, 2011.

Remove all ads!
  1. ayoshi

ayoshi Member

Here is the story...the quest is buggy

I chose the option - pay in two gives- at silver consortium to gain the
    'building credits' quest...

So i paid the 1st half...55000 gp

Then to i went to the 'priest of pelor' to kill canon thaddeus and his party.

Then i returned to the silver consortium to pay the remaining balance 55000gp

Then....walah...i am lord of verbobonc castle...

So i did finish the parts of body quest..

Then i continued exploring the ToEE level 3 dungeon

When i returned to Verbobonc, to silver consortium, to sell my spoils gems
    suddenly - the quest log triggered

When i talked with the NPC, he said i have to pay 82000gp since i have been overdue
    in the payment of the castle. So i did, and the castle is mine....again

But i checked my gold, it only got 20000gp not 82000gp

Anybody encounter a bug similar to this?

2. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

I checked into this ...

It's definitely scripted to check that you have at least 82,500 gp on you, and to take that amount from you if you agree to pay. :shrug:

It seems this part was indeed a bug in that, once your financing was agreed upon, the timing out of your terms happened whether you made the second payment on time or not.

That will be bullet-proofed, thanks. It's just bizarre that it didn't happen to everyone everywhere ... I guess everybody buys in one shot. ;)

3. ayoshi

ayoshi Member

Thanks a lot Gaear!

Just helping you guys make a better ToEE adventure...

Everbody enjoys it!
    :yes:

4. Krysalyn

Krysalyn Member

I tried to do the finance thing as well (although I could have purchased it outright) just to see what would happen.

I've tried to go back multiple times to pay the balance, and I get the dialog for what I owe, and click "pay" but then nothing happens...

do I need to wait until the 21 day time point?

5. The Royal Canadian

The Royal Canadian Established Member

Hi Folks
    All I can say is Hmmm..... because I just did the same quest last week and had no trouble at all. I arrived in Verbobonc with about 85K in the back. Obviously not enough to buy the castle in one shot, so I financed it. I then took and completed the Bountyhunter quests (all three of them) and ended up killing the three fugitives in a pitched battle. I then cleaned out the Fire Temple (I had cleared out the Air Temple and the North have of the 2nd Level earlier). I then returned to Verbobonc, where I reported the demise of the fugitives to the Captain of the Guard. I then went and talked to Wilfrick and accepted his "Frozen Assets" quest, asking the questions that led me to talk to Prince Zook. I then promised the Gnome Prince that I would look into his problem, and down the tunnels I went. I cleared out the tunnels from top to bottom in one go, even taking out the "weather changer" at the end. I then reported to Prince Zook that the tunnels were clear and went to the Silver Consortium and paid off the balance. I know I have done business with the SC since then and haven't had any problems, and the quest is marked "Completed" in my logbook. I will replay some earlier saves and see what I can find out.
    The Royal Canadian

Our Host!