Bug Found

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by StrontiumDog, Feb 22, 2008.

Remove all ads!
  1. StrontiumDog

StrontiumDog Established Member

There doesn't seem to be a regular bug-posting thread here so I thought I'd mention that the radiant(holy) sword+1 you get after winning Meleny's hand in marriage has the exact same thaco(that is my PC's THACO) as a normal longsword, despite having +1 enchantment. I now recall noticing this before in a previous game but forgot to mention it until now. This really ought to be fixed.

On a more minor note, I normally take on Meleny as a follower but then have her killed off by the skeletal gnolls in Emridy Meadows or the monsters in the Deklo Grove - I was therefore not surprised when the Filliken character attacked me, later, when I next visited his household. However, despite my having killed off Fruella as well, Holten Kindlehopper didn't react at all - shouldn't this be changed?

Last edited: Feb 22, 2008
  2. Zebedee

Zebedee Veteran Member Veteran

The first 'bug', I'll leave to the rules experts.

Edit: Not a bug. http://www.co8.org/forum/showthread.php?p=67216&posted=1#post67216

The second 'bug' is not a bug. Meleny dying and not being brought to life drives her dad to attack you. Fruella's Dad doesn't care whether she's alive or dead - providing she's nowhere near him.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2008
Our Host!