Breaking down: on-ground traps

Discussion in 'General Modification' started by Agetian, Jul 8, 2005.

Remove all ads!
  1. Agetian

Agetian Attorney General Administrator

Hello everyone,

I've been experimenting with something interesting lately, but I need your help. It turns out that the game (ToEE) *might* still use the old sector script/tile script system dating back to Arcanum to parse on-ground events (which opens a possibility for on-ground traps, which was not possible before but which was very much wanted by certain modders).

However, I never modded Arcanum myself, and I don't have the perfect understanding of the Arcanum sector/tile script system. Please, if any of you know anything about it and understand it (what the flags and counters are for, what should be the triggering condition for the tile scripts, etc. etc.) or if you know of an Arcanum modder who knows this stuff, PLEASE RESPOND. Our cooperation here may lead to opening a completely new area of ToEE modification that was not accessible before! Everything we dig up in this area will be added in the next version of ToEE World Builder.

Please note that everything I said above is hypothetical, but judging from various breakdowns it is very much possible!

Thanks in advance for helping me out with this.
    - Agetian

Last edited: Jul 8, 2005
Our Host!