Benefits and pitfalls of evil party (seeking advice)

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by veryfinemale, Dec 24, 2012.

Remove all ads!
  1. veryfinemale

veryfinemale Member

greetings again
    I love this game, have played through it many times
    Every 6th months or so, I need another fix.

Now I have some extra free time and no family in the area
    So...........

Although I have played through this many times, pretty rare I play an evil party.

And I have only played through the game once with the higher level content additions.

Seeking tips and suggestions

What is the benefit of playing evil party (weapons/magic items I could take after killing shop owner?)

Also... I hope to avoid killing shop owner, or person TOO early as it could effect game plot.
    Who should I NOT kill....... or hold off on killing

What party combination should I play, if I am strictly evil? (probably mostly CE)

Probably just go through and kill kill ... but do not want to kill of people too early
    Perhaps use people, then kill

Perhaps odd.... for me to want to play Evil party at Christmas
    But just wanting to play the game again, but wanting something new and different

Any thoughts and ideas?

Probably re install, load 7.5 version.
    Get started on making party.......
    Start playing later? Or tomorrow for sure
    Hope to have some suggestions soon

2. sirchet

sirchet Force for Goodness Moderator Supporter

I would recommend the 7.5NC so you get the added content.

The few times I've played an evil group I've gone with LE so I would have a few evil contacts in town to guide me to my next nefarious deed. ;) I bet you can guess who they are too.

3. General Ghoul

General Ghoul Established Member

Plus having an evil cleric in the party, you can get free undead meat shields that last even after resting. If they get killed (again) you can always go to the meadows and rest to get some more.

4. nyarlathotep

nyarlathotep Merry Murder Maniac

The only real pitfall as an evil party is that healing takes a tad longer as a good party... But who cares about time in this game anyway? ;)

No, the real problem with playing an evil party & the NC patches is those reactive temples. Suddenly, all the quests you get in the temple are rendered null & void.

5. sirchet

sirchet Force for Goodness Moderator Supporter

I thought the reactive temple didn't kick in unless you did a wipe of a faction and or temple group.

I thought I read somewhere that you had to have fought at least one of the groups on the second floor or lower.

Our Host!