BEER BEER BEER (and Jihad)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Information, Jan 20, 2006.

Remove all ads!
  1. krunch

krunch moving on in life

Does Jihad actually mean - no!..wait minute...it means Beer Run like in the commercial where it's halftime and the crew needs more beer! It's a mad rush to the local c-store to buy a 12-pack of brewskis.

2. Lord_Spike

Lord_Spike Senior Member Veteran

• January 19, 2006 | 12:54 PM ET | MSNBC

Osama bin Losin'

No successful terror attacks against the United States since 9/11, but Osama (or whoever is playing him on the Al Qaeda audiotapes) wants us to believe that this was because of his forbearance. And to prove how well they're doing, they're asking for a truce:

The voice in the tape said heightened security measures in the United States are not the reason there have been no attacks there since the Sept. 11, 2001 suicide hijackings. Instead, the reason is "because there are operations that need preparations, and you will see them," he said.

"Based on what I have said, it is better not to fight the Muslims on their land," he said. "We do not mind offering you a truce that is fair and long-term. ... So we can build Iraq and Afghanistan ... there is no shame in this solution because it prevents wasting of billions of dollars ... to merchants of war."

Riiight.

The truth — though this is a disappointment to some — is that we're winning. It's easy to spot the loser in a war: The loser is the one asking for a truce on smuggled audiotapes recorded in a cave somewhere.

The Muslim-on-Muslim attacks that al Qaeda has resorted to in Iraq have been devastating for its image: Contrary to popular belief, invading Iraq didn't make Islamic terrorism a bigger problem for the United States, it just made it a problem for a lot of people who suddenly started minding once it wasn't just a problem for the United States. Iraqis — even anti-American Sunni Ba'athists — are sick of Al Qaeda, and hunting them down. And the missile strike in Pakistan, denounced by some as an "intelligence failure," appears to have been rather more successful than that.

Yeah, Osama's guys can probably still manage to blow something up — that's not so hard, after all, as Timothy McVeigh proved. But as a movement, Al Qaeda is on the ropes, and this request for a truce demonstrates it.

3. odinlove

odinlove Member

Send allah to vahallah and send me a beer!!!!

Me I drink the Irish the most, Guiness, love. The most I ever had is an 18 pack and 2 shots. I pased out.

Have drinken fifths of that Brithish limey ade GIN before and thatis a pass out and clean my ass in the mourning thing, never do that.

I am planning a home keg system soon for a Guiness Brew, Chuchulain Rains

4. CatBoris

CatBoris Member

He's not welcome, unless he brings beer, and then sods off again.:point: He has offended and hurt alcohol's feelings on too many occasions!

Re: how many beers...

I don't know really, as I've never hit the "sick" roof installed in most humans, but I usually stop after 6 pints or so, because then my wallet can't keep up any more.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2006
  5. darmagon

darmagon stumbler in the dark

Okay, more beer please. Oh, and while we are at it, my question is, is this guy trying to scare us? Because that is what he is coming off like. You take out 2 office buildings and suddenly you are the top dog? Sorry but you haven't even gotten to the beginning of the entrance to the point where you might even think about starting to really affect us in any way. Your religion and society may depend desperately upon these kinds of symbols but what you did to us was just arbitrarily kill a few thousand of our citizens and for that there will be no forgiveness. You thought that you struck at our creators of wealth. What we saw was your stupid asses killing people aimlessly. Just because you wanted to. Just the way you are now with your suicide bombings. You aren't makinga statement for Allah, you are just spraying more blood for no sensible reason. You, and your kind, are an atrocity upon this earth.

You make a great deal about how America is having problems with Iraq and how Afghanistan made it so difficult for the USSR. Try the same shit with Canada, or the States, for that matter, if they didn't have such technological superiiority, try the Brits with nothing more than pistols and swords and spears (many tried and many died. If you are looking for tough, they're it.) You are not the only tough faction capable of guerilla warfare in this day and age. (If you really want to go about it, try the Swiss or India.)

You see the really tough nations are already there, your 'commit suicide to further Allah's purpose stance.' is more like an 'Oh shit, we don't really have anything good to say, nor anything to really stand for: BUT, we do have these poor ignorant people we can convince to die in interesting manners ( because they are 'really' ignorant and don't know any better (we keep them that way you see.)) with the excuse that Allah will accord them a special place in Heaven if they destroy themselves in a particularly bloody and destructive manner.

Well, my dear Lord (if I may be allowed that) if that is what your God demands, then his name is Satan, dress him up as you like, but he is still the enemy of all that is good . (And I am sure that the Koran, read properly, would not suggest this kind of self destruction.).)

Darmagon

6. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

I think one of the finest beers I ever tasted was Boag's draught, the stuff they serve down in Tasmania. But the fiends keep it to themselves, certainly the Boag's export they send up here ain't as good.

Boag's premium is damn fine, but then, what premium beer isn't?

O and Al-Qaeda want a truce? Sure - but it'll be on our terms. I think they will involve gibbits and crows.

7. Heavydan85

Heavydan85 Drinking Champion

I am going with Pabst Blue Ribbon...wait you said good...I love molson and honey brown

8. Cujo

Cujo Mad Hatter Veteran

the best beer is Monteith’s - Black Beer, Celtic Beer, Golden Lager, Original Ale, Pilsner Beer, Radler Bier + their seasonal ones

9. krunch

krunch moving on in life

Any truce they want should involve their being at a pre-designated location where a USA MOAB bomb [equivalent to 21,700 lbs of TNT, the mother-of-all-bombs] detonates...instant non-nuclear destruction of every molecule in all of their bodies.

* Note: "The 21,700-pound bomb was dropped from 20,000 feet to reach its target...Upon detonation, it created a plume over the Florida Panhandle that rose more than 10,000 feet and could be seen from 40 miles away."

Last edited: Jan 26, 2006
  10. Cerulean the Blue

Cerulean the Blue Blue Meanie Veteran

I have to say anything from the Elysian brewery, especially The Immortal IPA, is the best beer I have ever tasted.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2006
  11. krunch

krunch moving on in life

Here's a pic of a USA non-nuclear MOAB (Mother-Of-All-Bombs) explosion as seen from 40 miles away.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 26, 2006
  12. MB

MB Member

Wow! What a bunch of bullsh*t.

And just for the record the point about fighting the Soviets with humble arms...the author neglected to mention that Afghans were fighting the Soviets with arms from the US...i.e. Stinger missiles (a shoulder fired missile good for taking out rotary aircraft and low flying fixed wing aircraft).

For a guy that had so much money, you really would expect him to have better English skills. As was noted earlier, he is probably dead or living in some rathole.

Anyway, I like beer...pilsners, stouts, porters, ales, lagers, ....it's all good.

13. CatBoris

CatBoris Member

As long as the beer comes from a tap, I'm happier than a pig in the world's largest patch of mud. Beers from bottles or cans tend to take away a bit of that beery freshness.

14. Heavydan85

Heavydan85 Drinking Champion

Keg Beer Yummmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

15. Lord_Spike

Lord_Spike Senior Member Veteran

I dunno about that any of that stuff....but I'd love to get your recipe for a hot buttered whiskey.

:gotmyatte

Our Host!