Bazaar of the Bizarre

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Atraeyu, Dec 2, 2009.

Remove all ads!
  1. Atraeyu

Atraeyu Member

im in Verbobonc for the first time and I try talking to the girl here, and get an option mentioning a large scroll selection at which point the conversation automatically ends. Im not sure if this is intended or not, but doing research here ive discovered there is a master i need to find, though i dont know if this is related to the scroll issue. Apparently its a huge secret and there are certain things you shouldnt do or its too late so i was hoping someone would be able to give me a PM about how this works before i mess it all up. Ive already killed the dragon and drow, so i hope that isnt one of the factors. Thanks to any who reply, I promise not to let it out. ;)

EDIT: I do have a save before i killed the dragon, its my quicksave thats saved afterwards, the drow are all dead though. i doubt this has much baring though, my research said allowing escapes can help, and i dont think the dragon ever tries. so that may not be good as i usually kill most who try to escape. I have let a few go though.... hmm.. please help :)

Last edited: Dec 2, 2009
  2. Ausdoerrt

Ausdoerrt Veteran Member

I'm guessing you're playing 5.5.0 from what you said. For one, you won't get much in the way of "official" support for older modpack versions here; the recent one is 5.6.0 with CMF 5.6.1. As for your question, IIRC the scroll shop in Verbo was bugged/nerfed in 5.5.0 for reasons that I don't remember.

The "master" of the shop is a guy who will sell you overpowered but expensive magic items from "Craft Wondrous Items" category mostly, is someone you may happen upon during your quest in the Temple (should be more or less intuitive who it is once you do). That doesn't fix the scroll shop problem, though.

3. wizgeorge

wizgeorge Prophet of Wizardy

There is no scroll problem as that option was removed from the game sometime ago. Depending on where you're at in the game, you haven't missed anything yet, I suspect.

4. Atraeyu

Atraeyu Member

Hmm, well I do have the scroll 'option', just nothing happens. And I have messed around in the Temple a bit. Let some of the captives go (3 merchants?), and there have been a few battles there that i killed people who tried to escape or stop combat, like Scorpp and the turnkey, but some that Ive let go, like the guy with his little army who promises to show the locations of the other elemental temples on my map, though i still dont know where that appears.

I appreciate the info, I really would like a small description in a PM if possible though. I just really dont want to miss it. I suppose if it requires letting people escape and i have yet to encounter the individual ill just let people go from now on as long as i dont kill them before they start their escape dialogue heh.

it is 5.5. btw. :)

5. Ausdoerrt

Ausdoerrt Veteran Member

There's only so many people that try to "escape" when beaten down to low HP, so I'm sure you won't miss the guy.

6. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

@Atraeyu, it's not functioning properly in 5.5 anyway.

7. rayd36

rayd36 Member

My apologies for this post in this thread. This is my 1st post and i recently downloard the 5.6.0 beta. If I can ask, for all of these new quests, is there something else that has to be downloaded to get them like Verbobonc or is it you just have to find a location at a certain place. The only "new" place i saw was the bog. I apologize again for my "newbieness" but was wondering if i was doing something wrong. I do like what has been done so far. I'm just trying to get a deeper understanding.

8. Anakha92

Anakha92 meh...

I'm getting curious now too actually! in the older mod packs I'd find the location of Verbonnc from a certain person (ill try not to give spoilers) but I never came across that person this time and I've progressed past that pointed already. Of course that could mean that i accidentally bypassed the area in which they are, so I'll go back and scan the area once more. I like Verbonnc :(

9. wizgeorge

wizgeorge Prophet of Wizardy

Verbobonc, Hickory Branch and moathouse respawn aren't available in 5.6. Part of moathouse respawn is but isn't suppose to be there. No drow, tho. 5.7 will be out soon anyway.

10. rayd36

rayd36 Member

I do hope they will be added back in. I'm a big fan of "the more quests" the better myself.

Our Host!