Battle Cries / Combat Sounds Baldurs Gate

Discussion in 'General Modification' started by Grell, Feb 24, 2005.

Remove all ads!
  1. Grell

Grell Member

I have modded the game so that the PC voices are from the Baldurs Gate series which had excelllent vocie acting. Some of the soundsets that came with TOEE are a bit cringe-worthy. I have noticed that the snd_melee.mes file is empty and the snd_00index.mes which controls the played sounds makes no reference to the battle sounds. As it is there are warcries for every PC soundset which come with the game and everyone has these installed but these are never played!?!? I have used JADE to try and find refernces to PC voices but can find nothing besides the .mp3 files themselves. Can anyone help me out here - PS My Pali with Anomen's voice my Mage with Edwin's and my Cleric with Keldorn sound mighty sweet, I just want the warcries in.

2. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

I can't help you out, but your work here sounds very interesting. Please keep us updated on your progress.

3. Jota

Jota Member

At TOEE2 folder theres a lot of sounds. If i understand your question you want change de sound from a sound list and not by replace the original sound, right. And at TOEE2 folder theres more *.mes sound related files, maybe you could take a look at this. Ha.. and the speech seems to came from TOEE3 folder.

At ..\ToEE3\mes\pcvoice theres the *.mes pcvoices

Edited: Thinking Better:
    I think theres no list for NPC dialogs. At "..\ToEE3\dlg" theres a lot of dialogs one is the "00004burne.dlg", the "..ToEE3\sound\speech\00004" is the sounds for our friend Burnie, you see the dialog file begins with the 00004 the same name as the folder, and if you see the file all lines begin with a number like this one {10} this number must correspond to the file "v10_m.mp3" under "..ToEE3\sound\speech\00004 folder you see {10} = v10_m.mp3 and {12200} = v12200_m.mp3. I my be wrong but this make sense.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2005
  4. Allyx

Allyx Master Crafter Global Moderator Supporter

has anyone ever made any progress with this one? I've found the mp3's, and a mes file that provides the corresponding written subtitles, but i'm unable to find any file that links the two or links pc/npc actions to any pc/npc sound, I think I may hav seen one file that just had the 5 selection confirmation mp3's which is what we have presently.

5. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

Allyx -

I've been nosing around with this recently and haven't found any files that seem to link actions/sounds either. Likewise for music - nothing to point to "play x audio file upon y condition." Very frustrating.

I've been considering a musical thematic overhaul and to date have been stuck with simply replacing existing mp3 files.

6. dulcaoin

dulcaoin Established Member Veteran

Side question: Anybody got a copy of the JADE installer that they can supply to the site? The original site doesn't feature the program any longer.

-- dulcaoin

Our Host!