Bard Singing Not Available to Bard

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Barles, Apr 21, 2013.

Remove all ads!
  1. Barles

Barles Member

I have a lvl 4 bard in my party, and haven't tried using bardic singing until today, and noticed that it was not available to me, even though the feat is present. I'm using v.7.7.0 NC, and the only out of the ordinary thing that I've done is to install additional portraits and use it for that character. Any idea what they problem is, and how I can fix it?

2. sirchet

sirchet Force for Goodness Moderator Supporter

Do you mean the feat "Bardic Music" is not available in the radial dial?

Do you have points in the "Perform Skill"?

3. Barles

Barles Member

Yes, that is what I meant, and yes, that seems to be the problem. I took the Skill Focus Feat for perform and assumed that was like putting three skill points into it the same way you would at level up. Then I forgot I did that, swearing all this time I had points in Perform. Thanks for the answer, and sorry for the dumbness.

4. General Ghoul

General Ghoul Established Member

Do you have an instrument in the proper slot on the character?

5. Barles

Barles Member

Yes I do. The issue was as Sirchet described. While I'm here I do have another question concerning the courage song. Does it work? When I check the attack bonus on the character sheet, I don't see any jump in the bonus after I use the courage song, and in the attack bonus breakdown, I don't see any bonus attributed to it.

6. General Ghoul

General Ghoul Established Member

You should see a symbol above every characters portrait that is within range. The bonus will show in the die roll screen.

Our Host!