Baldur's Gate Trilogy

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by sirchet, Oct 15, 2011.

Remove all ads!
  1. Lava

Lava Established Member

IWD2 has actually been given "real" npc's now, rather than blanks that you'd have to normally have, so it'd be a shame to put it into NWN in my opinion. ;) (I didn't even touch Icewind until the mod came out to put actual npc's into the game.)

2. sirchet

sirchet Force for Goodness Moderator Supporter

slowdive_fan's version of Icewind Dale, uses the latest NWN2 expansion wich gives you the ability to "roll up" your entire party just like the original game did.

I assume that's what you mean by "blanks".

The Storm of Zehir expansion allows the player to create all the members of the party and control them individually, including who does the talking in any given conversation with a notification if another party member has something else to say due to their class, stat, or skill.

3. J'allan UlDragos

J'allan UlDragos Dragon Warrior

Yeah Sir Chet, i'm a big fan of NWN2 - the original quest (modded) and Storm of Zehir were great! Some really good NWN2 mods out there, i tried Icewind Dale mod when they only had the first chapter done ... the game is now finished?? AWESOME. :) any other NWN2 mods you would recommend? i played through about 10 back in the day, had probably close to 40 installed i wanted to try....

There was a good one based off of the old Goldbox game "Pool of Radiance". Unfortunately i enjoyed that all the way up to a gamestopping bug where a key need to progress did not spawn on a defeated character in the Vampire's crypt. IIRC one called "Traveller" was also a good one i remember.

Kaedrin's PRC pack was also pretty awesome. Have not booted up NWN2 in at least a year... just got a new computer this past weekend, so i'm sure it will run MUCH better on this one (TOEE i hope as well) Got a lot of classic games i hope will play nice with Windows 7 OS.
    HP Pavilion w/ AMD 8 3800 Quad Processor APU with ATI Radeon HD 6550D

Last edited: Oct 24, 2011
  4. sirchet

Well, Pool of Radiance Remastered holds a special spot for me due to most of the dialogs are written by me. ;)
    I would recommend Trinity for sure, and not just because it's a "Gaming Parents Studios" production, but because of the depth of the story and the professionalism shown throughout the adventure.
    But I must admit, I have been a member of Gaming Parents Studios since we released Night Howls in Nestlehaven back in 2007.
    A Hunt Through the Dark Remastered is also a very well done work, if you like Dark Elves that is. ;)

There are so many excellent community made adventures, but these are a good start.

5. J'allan UlDragos

J'allan UlDragos Dragon Warrior

Very cool dude. I have played both "Pool of Radiance Remastered" and "Night Howls in Nestlehaven" previously, but it looks like a lot of polishing has happened since then. I will definitely be taking a look at them again once my new machine is set up. Glad to see the NWN2 community is still going strong!! Well, we just need to finish up this testing here for Gaear first ... on TOEE.

6. Ausdoerrt

Ausdoerrt Veteran Member

I'm still patiently waiting for the two NWN adaptations of Planescape to be released. One of them is simply a module based off the expansion book, complete but in German, under slow translation. The other one, Trilogy, is inspired by Torment, but it's in eternal development process. Ohwell.

7. sirchet

Oh, right ... *quickly closes the case and puts the copy of NWN2 back on the shelf*

8. abradley

abradley Member

Back to BGT, the best install instructions are found in " Baldur's Gate & The Tales of the Sword Coast", Walk through by: Dan Simpson.
    http://www.gamefaqs.com/pc/75251-baldurs-gate/faqs/2456
    Under the 'A Modern Installation:' section.

Be sure to install the games outside the 'Program Files\', I installed mine in C:\BI\

I also had a problem with Chrome'.

Using XP Pro with all the MS updates.

As for NWN2 vs BGT, the combat in BGT is controllable to near turnbased ... NWN2 isn't for this old man.

For a good review of NWN2 by a 3.5 game designer: http://www.heroicfantasygames.com/Forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=9
    He also has a review of TOEE and mentions Co8.

9. Sergio Morozov

Sergio Morozov Paladin

How sweet, I am mentioned in that walkthrough as a contributor (last in the version history.)

:chick:

10. Oleg Ben Loleg

Oleg Ben Loleg Established Member Supporter

11. abradley

abradley Member

Tried playing BGT after a couple of 'C:\Program Files\ ...' installs but got CTDs, then tripped over Simpson's info. No more CTDs.

Last edited: Nov 3, 2011
  12. sirchet

In the options section NWN2 under the game play tab you can set the game to auto-pause after every turn or round making it completely turn based.

Just in case you decide to give it another shot abradley. ;)

13. abradley

abradley Member

Great, except I can't find it,

There's one in BGT

Our Host!