Baldur's Gate conversion for ToEE

Discussion in 'General Modification' started by Aurelinus, Nov 8, 2008.

Remove all ads!
  1. Aurelinus

Aurelinus Member

Few days ago I started very ambitious project to convert BG TotSC into ToEE engine. I prefer playing single campaigns, honour Baldur's Gate as one of the best cRPGs and would like to see playable when it comes Win7.
    Since I don't have too much time to inform on any progress continually, you can always check here:

http://hrothgar.webd.pl/tawerna/topics56/kacik-dotyczacy-konwersji-bg-1-na-silniku-toee-vt672.htm

My corner there is in polish (you can also notice there my other activities, but it is not an advertisement here), but for any questions I will answer and there will be the centre of the project so far, but I will try to attach any meaningful news on it here as well.

I don't really expect to finish it whenever, but there is alway a chance it will be finished by others in future. ToEE engine is better than Infinity (the one for Baldur's Gate, Icewind Dale and Planescape) but also very limited comparably and no multiplayer what is real shame for Troika. However it uses natively wide screen (well only 1280x960), 3D animations and my favourite 3.0/3.5 D&D and it can be slightly modifiable to compromise best things from AD&D (2.0) and actually 4.0 which generally is step back in paper games.

I can't use maps from the original game since it is copyrighted so I must recreate them, made new movies and so on. Don't ask when it is done, as I said probably never by myself only but until Dragon Age wasn't released I have little more time for such project and at least try to prepare complement of the playable maps. Dialogs and scripts (so movies and such) are the last step.

2. BigLittleBoy

BigLittleBoy Member

Aurelianus, link you have posted will be probably useless for most Co8 members - language barrier.

What can i say - you are already aware about scale of your venture. I just wish you luck and motivation (lots of motivation).:yes:

3. maggit

maggit Zombie RipTorn Wonka

Well, it's basically the same stuff he posted here.

Our Host!