Balance in 7.9

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Oleg Ben Loleg, Aug 8, 2013.

Remove all ads!
  1. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

I think in the final analysis, AoH is going to stay where it is. There are a few reasons - it was among the first mods of Co8 (took years to see the light of day), so fidelity is perhaps more important, the third battle is in the mid level sweet spot and it would be a shame to do away with that, etc.

Might just take you up on that, although I think loot randomization may be something of a pipe dream. It's not as easy as it may sound.

2. hellblazer

hellblazer Established Member

I agree with you that the temple of trials should be moved past temple so the game will be harder like vanilla where I remember doing emerind run at 4th and hitting the temple at 6th level. Good times. It also wouldn't hurt co8's rep because it pushes all the new content except welkwood bog past the temple so purists can't say the nc ruins the original game.

Gaear: I didn't see your post until after I had written this lol.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2013
  3. Oleg Ben Loleg

Oleg Ben Loleg Established Member Supporter

I just entered the Temple and for the first time ever those marvelous beautiful Harpys, that had never been more than a cute ornament so far, made a real fight for my group. Got even close to kill my cleric. So far really fantastic balance in this mod finally brings back challenge and fun to this game. (Only have to say that I even skipped AoH so far.)
    Great Job, thanks a lot to all contributing modders.

Our Host!