Aziraxis Modification Pack

Discussion in 'General Modification' started by Zoltec, May 28, 2012.

Remove all ads!
  1. Zoltec

Zoltec Pгōdigium

Introduction

Hello, folks. The intent of this modification pack is to bring you to a more realistic depth in ToEE visuals. For example, the portraits of this two (just imagine ;)) are not matching their hair colors, of course you feel awkward about it, this modpack fills that void. I care for your playthrough, I care for what you feel and put in your characters. You are motivated to play him because all are true to him. This is a must try modification pack, you won't regret a second installing this. This adds up flair to your great ToEE experience so heads-up and try this modpack, instead of using the lame generic hair colors.

Screenies

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]

How do I install your modpack?

These steps are easy as 123, so sit and relax and follow my instructions.

1. Download the file, below 'Attached Files'. Extract its contents anywhere you desired.
    2. Double-click, the 'ATC Modification' folder. Right-click 'data' folder and click copy.
    3. On your desktop, double-click your 'My Computer' icon. Look for your ToEE directory.
    4. You must come up with this path, 'E:\Program Files\Atari\Temple of Elemental Evil'.
    5. Inside the 'Temple of Elemental Evil' folder, you'll notice a data folder. Finally, paste the copied 'data' folder and if prompt to overwrite files, click 'Yes'.
    6. Now, execute the ToEE-Front End. Click, play. When the game is started, look for the goodies inside. You may now able to use the green haired elf portrait, because, you have the green hair texture located in the hair-swatch. Congratulations! please enjoy my mod.

I'm not that dumb to download any unofficial file made by a new or unknown modder on this forum! and the sad part is, I think it has a virus?

Okay, my worrisome friend, all people starts from scratches, and on this forum we build our own reputation, its up to you, if you will recognize such work. My intent here is to contribute freely, and no other particular reasons. To secure the absolute reputation of this file. I hereby, post my virus results regarding on my work, using the authentic 'Online Virus Scanner' on the web.

https://www.virustotal.com/file/fa7...b51e1f3ebf5e5d381a0022ee/analysis/1338208534/

Click, the link above to ensure and eliminate your virus paranoia.

UPDATED 6/12/12;

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 12, 2012
  2. Zoltec

Zoltec Pгōdigium

New Approach: Ok, I'm working on Drow textures. Since, they have human textures when looted which is a bit unrealistic. I'll create a mod prior to that issue so stay-tuned with this thread! :thumbsup:

I think there will be a slight change, since there's a limited work-around. I'll remove the possibility to loot these items black leather gloves&boots, gilded plated-gloves&plated-boots. ;)

What do you think? Please comment :yes:

Last edited: Jun 1, 2012
  3. Zoltec

Zoltec Pгōdigium

Drow Modification Pack

Hi all. Hmm, this is the final product of my work. I hope that you enjoy my mod. :)

Screenshots

OK, I'm fighting with the drow! here it goes . . .

[​IMG]

My character decides whether he will loot a helpless girl! my wiz has a very lowwww wisssdummb you know :)

[​IMG]

Then my character looted all her equipment Evil Grin. She doesn't lose her gloves or boots didn't she?

[​IMG]

I hope you get the mainpoint here, co8 players! The dark-elves no longer shows their gleaming elvish skins when looted.

Before you install my mod, please get the latest patch here first
    http://www.co8.org/forum/showpost.php?p=114832&postcount=445

Gaear, if you are interested to include this in your next co8 release. Then I'll be happy to! :yes:

Note: This doesn't alter the gameplay of Co8 mod. This mod covers the drow from gnarley to all underdark 2 & 3. The gnarley drows doesn't have their boot prizes "elvenboots".

FIXED AND UPDATED!

Yay! I pwned him single-handed. Time to loot!

[​IMG]

Arrghh... what is this no elven bootz!? Ur the worst lad ever! I couldn't buy that thing anymore you dumbpivkles! :tears:

[​IMG]

Conclusion:

The Gnarley Drows no longer shows their elven textures, but at the cost of elven boots! seems fine to me :). Oh well, you gonna work hard for the loots, to obtain the final superb item of wuzzywizcraft.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2012
  4. Philip

Philip Gruff Warrior

correct me if I am wrong but it looks like your solution to naked drow having pale skin is to simply just replace their naked model with a model wearing armour?

5. WinstonShnozwick

WinstonShnozwick Established Member

^^ which they no longer have due to you looting them

6. Zoltec

Zoltec Pгōdigium

@Philip
    Yep, that's right. :yes:

@Winston
    Hehe, nope! they still have those particular items like swordy +2 something, I didn't remove all the loot items just the elven boots in Gnarley Forest. ;)

In part of Verbo-Underdark, I just removed the basic gears (i.e. leather gloves, leather boots, gilded gloves, gilded boots). Heh, IIRC they are just a burden to your inventories. they are super cheap but still reckoned by some.

7. WinstonShnozwick

I like the addition of green hair but the loss of blue is devastating to me..

8. Zoltec

Zoltec Pгōdigium

Oh well, I knew from the beginning that* kind of opinion will surface. where do you use the blue hair winston is it the blue hair portrait char* 'wondering' or from another portrait pack? your opinion can further help my modpack so please comment at this thread whenever you like.

Oh by the way, I redraw the opening neutral vignette which I will use as an entry point for my new content "The Underdarks Plot" Heh, sounds dumb :(.

[​IMG]

Please enjoy my post! I'm working on the dungeon and way deep down the looping caverns of the Gold Dwarves, Deep Gnomes, etc etc. and of course the Dark elves. Sound ambitious, though a one man module, seems impossible :). I need volunteers on scripts, story plot, etc, quest, dialogs, etc. after I'd make the maps.

9. WinstonShnozwick

That looks/sounds cool. I hope you finish it, just don't give up. <3 new content

And I use blue hair for some of the default character portraits (from the co8 nc portraits in the game)

10. Zoltec

Zoltec Pгōdigium

OK, I returned the blue hair for good, retaining the green and red textures. Outcome is, pink is devastated :). Also, see its new texture hope you like it folks.

Updated the link above --ATC Modification (Updated 6.12.12).zip--

11. Zoltec

Zoltec Pгōdigium

Sorry, progress for my new content is currently stopped. Real-life issues echoes through my head, sanity check of course is normal. Sometimes, we have to be consistent, if I have the opportunity to mod again, I'll be ready.

12. hellblazer

hellblazer Established Member

At least you gave it a go-round.

13. Zoltec

Zoltec Pгōdigium

Yeah. >:)

14. hellblazer

hellblazer Established Member

Thanks for this Zoltec. I really like the red and green hair colors. I think more people might download this mod that adds to new hair colors if you provided instructions on how to unistall the mod. It also wouldnt hurt to have the first version of the mod that replaced the blue hair because it kept the pink. I know, I know right?? There are only eight color slots!

15. Zoltec

Zoltec Pгōdigium

Yeah, pity that it has only 8 color slots. But well, I'll try what you are suggesting 'uninstall thing'. And by the way I'll be releasing soon, my new batch file that can change blue to olive or cream hair colors with ease, w/o installing the files manually. That batch file is free to use/modify at will, 'will be' compatible to all co8 mod pack versions and use it as well for your/everyone's own mods. Your comment is appreciated, thanks for the interest. :)

Our Host!