as of 5.7.2 what do mona's wishes do?

Discussion in 'General Modification' started by taltamir, Mar 24, 2010.

Remove all ads!
  1. taltamir

taltamir Established Member

as of 5.7.2 what do mona's wishes do?

2. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

They're all back to vanilla. Humor spawns Ted, Ed, and Ed on temple level 1, riches spawns the rich merchant, cruelty (or whatever) spawns the sad merchant, another thing spawns the happy merchant, and another does nothing, I think. You do not get Hickory Branch from Mona anymore (nor does selecting any option automatically give you HB).

3. taltamir

thank you.
    I am having trouble finding what it did in vanilla as well... closest I could come is find a thread about "global variables" here in co8 which mentioned:

351 Mona wish: Humor in all things (spawns Ted, Ed and Ed)
    352 Mona wish: Gold (merchant prisoner gives you 1030gp when liberated)
    353 Mona wish: Honor & Heroics (USED TO spawn heroic merchant; heroic merchant spawns anyway with Verbomod)
    354 Mona wish: Something pitiful & easy to kill (USED TO spawn sad merchant; spawns anyway with Verbomod)

the current possibilities in 5.7.2 are:
    1. Whatever the gods may have in store for me.
    2. I look for a challenging adventure.
    3. gold
    4. humor
    5. honor and heroics

So clearly "something pitiful and easy to kill" has been removed since vanilla. And if I recall correctly #2 gave you a link to an incomplete custom content by co8 in previous versions which was supposedly removed (since it isn't complete)...

4. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

Good research. :thumbsup:

1 = nothing
    2 = nothing
    3 = 352
    4 = 351
    5 = 353

5 is actually only for LG, NG, CG, LN, and TN. If you're CN, LE, NE, or CE, you get "Anything pitiful and easy to kill," which leads to flag 354 - spawning the sad merchant who refuses to be liberated and waits around for you to kill him.

This is all as vanilla. Co8 added Hickory Branch for 2, and then made HB available no matter what option you chose, but that's been reverted back. Also, the merchants no longer spawn automatically with or without Verbomod.

5. taltamir

thank you for clarifying it all.

Our Host!