Armour Related NPC greetings

Discussion in 'General Modification' started by Nerik, Jan 7, 2006.

Remove all ads!
  1. Nerik

Nerik Established Member

I've noticed that the NPCs welcoming greeting (the first thing thay say to you whenever you initiate dialogue). Changes if the PC initiating the dialogue is wearing Barbarian Armour (typical responces are 'Welcome, Berserker' or 'Aiii' :) , you also tend to get pointed comments if the PC hasn't anything in the armour or robe equipment slots as well. :D ).

Could this be extended for other clothing/armour types (or even headgear), so that someone wearing Druid Armour gets an appropriate response, likewise for Wizards hats or Elven Chain?

Also, I think many of Cujo's armours warrent some comment, especially the tattoos :D.

Charles

2. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

Yup, that'd be sweet alright... but no it can't be changed.

Is it the armour or the fact that they are actually barbarians? There are also comments if u r invisible, polymorphed, mirror-imaged, knighted, in the company of dodgy characters, in the company of summoned demons, or u have just plain pissed the person off.

3. Nerik

Nerik Established Member

<goes off and does some quick tests>
    The Barbarian responses seem to only fire if the PC initiating dialoge is both a Barbarian and wearing barbarian armour, so it appears to be both.

Charles

4. darmagon

darmagon stumbler in the dark

Actually I do believe it can be done but would require a major (and, as i think about it, I do mean major) overhaul of all the dialog files as well as requiring that all of the names in the protos were assigned (the last is easy and, as I have said before, I can provide you with a named version of the protos you are working on whenever necessary.) But the first would require months of work because, in order for the proper tests to fit in the dialog, every dlg file would have to be restructured by hand.

If anyone is game, pm me for details, but I don't know if it would be worth all the trouble.....

Darmagon

5. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

Well say you want an Elven wizard wearing a wizard hat to inspire the .dlg line, "hey short pointy-headed freak, get out of my house", even allowing for naming of the wizard hat where is the code to fire the given dlg line?

6. Allyx

Allyx Master Crafter Global Moderator Supporter

You can do it if you want to go crazy with the reputations and san_wield_on/off other than that I don't know how else to get a new G: (greeting) line from dialogues. and of course they may trigger randomly between all armor's worn by the group.

7. darmagon

darmagon stumbler in the dark

In san_dialog or wherever we initiate dialog :
    Code:
    if triggerer.item_worn_at(0).name  == 6038:
       if triggerer.get_stat_base(stat_race) == race_elf:
           triggerer.begin_dialog(attachee, 500)
    I am pretty sure slot 0 it the headgear slot and this is assuming the line you want to start at in the dlg file is 500. So it requires also messing with the scripts

Darmagon

8. Nerik

Nerik Established Member

Another one of these that is already in the game - if you talk to an NPC with someone who has Mirror Image running, you get some comments, IIRC, one is 'I have never seen so many identical twins' :eyebrow:

Charles

Our Host!