Armor that gives DR, and more

Discussion in 'General Modification' started by Agetian, Aug 17, 2005.

Remove all ads!
  1. Agetian

Agetian Attorney General Administrator

Just made a small experiment and found out something pretty fun to know (maybe some of you hardcore modders already know this stuff, but this actually was noteworthy for me, and I thought it may be interesting to know for newcomer modders, so I though I'd post it). There's a group of parameters in PROTOS.TAB called "Monster ....." (i.e. these parameters are supposed to give NPCs and monsters different properties). I was looking for a way to make an armor that gives Damage Reduction, but I haven't found a property "Armor DR" or "Armor Damage Reduction". On the other hand, there *is* a property "Monster DR All" (and also Monster DR Holy, Fire, Bludgeoning, etc.). If you assign this property to an armor, e.g.:

Property 1: Monster DR All
    Property Param 1: 5
    Property Param 2: 0

Then the armor will give the player a damage reduction of 5/- when worn, and will remove it when it's not worn. So, I guess all the "Monster *" (or most of them, anyway) flags can be assigned to other items to provide their effects!

- Agetian

2. Allyx

Allyx Master Crafter Global Moderator Supporter

I think I used monster spell resistance for the robes of the archmagi, but I tried adding monster poison to a weapon, to no avail - maybe it needs to go on armour to work?

3. Agetian

Agetian Attorney General Administrator

Yeah, I would expect something like that. Every property may have an associated triggering location (you know, it's similar to the special inventory slots in MOB files), so possibly the monster poison has to go on something else other than a weapon.

- Agetian

4. darmagon

darmagon stumbler in the dark

In my attempt to get the Iron Body spell to function properly I know that at least some of the properties do work even with the item only in the characters inventory, so long a you don't define a slot for it to be worn in the equip slot column.

These are the ones I know work this way:

-Monster Juggernaut
    -Monster DR
    -Monster Energy Immunity
    -Monster Energy Resistance
    -Amulet of Might fists
    -Attribute Enhancement Bonus
    -Monster Bonus Damage
    -Monster Plant

Darmagon

5. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

Monster Salamander? (Balor has it, presumably gives immunity to fire etc)

Our Host!