are there any dragons and beholders in ToEE?

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by ioannis76, Dec 25, 2005.

Remove all ads!
  1. ioannis76

ioannis76 Established Member

Hello and merry Christmas everyone!
    Does anyone know if there are any dragons and/or beholders in the game a nd how to find them?
    There was another group of adventurers which I randomly encountered (there was a thread on this). I did not kill them, they seemed like good people. Have I now permanently lost my chance to find the statue with the gems and the prot they were talking about?
    serves me right for being good!!!!
    My paladin has also become fallen, because he agreed to take Lareth to the Temple (one would think that the game would understand this was just a trick in order to get him to show me how to sneak in) :rant:
    how can I atone for his sins?:doh:
    Thanks and merry Christmas again. It's freezing cold here in Thessaloniki and it will probably snow

2. sirchet

sirchet Force for Goodness Moderator Supporter

ioannis76:
    Merry Christmas to you to :) I've played TOEE thru many times and am yet to see any Dragons or Beholders, no shortage of Bugbears though. You will run into some Fire Salamanders, and Noble Fire Salamanders underneath the temple. I found an Owlbear, a Vampire rat, some Werewolves, Medium air elementals, a few very large toads, one gigantic toad, some Earth elementals, Ogres galore, Hill Giants, but alas..........no Dragons. Did I mention Bugbears, lots and lots of Bugbears.

As for your fallen Paladin; see Terjon at the church of St. Cuthbert, he will help him to atone for his sins, for the appropriate donation. (St. Cuthbert is always willing to help those who aren't greedy)

Hope this helps,

3. Lord_Spike

Lord_Spike Senior Member Veteran

The other thread you mentioned contains the answers regarding this party & the Idol with its huge gems. As for fixing the fallen status of your Paladin, try searching the topic, as I believe there is more than one way to do this.

Sorry, but this game doesn't understand a lot of roleplaying type issues. It's more of a combat simulator than a true RPG.

Good Luck, and since it's freezing there you'd better bring in those brass monkeys!

4. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

Dragons should be coming soon enough, and as soon as we have repaired the Eye of the Deep thing, we can then mod it into a beholder :)

5. Cujo

Cujo Mad Hatter Veteran

didn't you know that trickery is chaotic and pladins a lawful, they should never tell a lie even to trick their enemies into letting their guards down :poke:

6. ioannis76

thanks for your replies everyone! I finished the game once too, but I was left with the impression that it was somewhat small, probably because of the fact that I had finished Baldur's Gate 2 before that.
    I thought that tricking bad guys would be OK :( .
    Anyway, what is this about brass monkeys?

7. Lord_Spike

Lord_Spike Senior Member Veteran

Well...since you've asked for the explanation, there's an old expression regarding exactly how cold cold is. It goes like this..."It's cold enough to freeze the balls off of a brass monkey." This is actually an old Navy thing, when the round shot was kept ready for battle on a contraption known as a "brass monkey". Cold makes things contract, and iron does this at a different rate than brass, so the cannon balls would go clattering about the deck as they shrank & slipped out of the device...if it was cold enough. Of course, most folks think that it has another, more obvious, meaning.

It would have to be DAMN cold for that to happen.

8. ioannis76

:beer: :beer: :) :lol:
    we have a similar one about cold in Greek!

I don't think that it's going to get THAT cold though, at least not yet!

Our Host!