Are personal changes overwritten by updates?

Discussion in 'General Modification' started by Aeroldoth, Apr 6, 2014.

Remove all ads!
  1. Aeroldoth

Aeroldoth Established Member

I recently discovered an old thread of mine here where Allyx showed me how to change the class and level of spells, so I could customize them the way I like. What I don't remember is whether those changes would remain or be overwritten by new versions of the mod.

IOW, I'm currently using v801. If I change the spell txt files and later update to 802 (or at some distant point, 900), would my changes remain or would I have to do them all over again? I don't want to spend a ton of time adjusting spells only to lose all that work.

2. sirchet

sirchet Force for Goodness Moderator Supporter

You could save a copy of the changed files in a different location and use them to overwrite any future changes.

And ver 8.x.x is as high as the mod will go.

Circle of 8 = eight versions. :)

3. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

Yeah, anytime you re/activate a module, all customizations are lost and the original state of the module is instated/restored.

4. Aeroldoth

Aeroldoth Established Member

Thanks guys!

I thought about saving copies of the files I change, but I thought I might then miss out on changes any updates applied. I suppose that's not very likely now after all these years though, with work pretty much done.

5. Allyx

Allyx Master Crafter Global Moderator Supporter

In your case mate, I'd keep a copy of your version of the file for reference purposes, install the latest patches and edit the new file with your personal alterations. :)

Our Host!