Are combats a bit tougher with Co8?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Nilgar, Oct 31, 2020.

Remove all ads!
  1. Nilgar

Nilgar Member

Another point that seems repeat, it's not good for party design that all enemies around come in, it destroy an aspect of combats design, have a whole huge combat is hardly an improvement, if the designer want design such combat he can in a system where further monsters don't come all in current combat, with the other system the design choices are more limited.

2. Nilgar

Nilgar Member

And another point, the Lareth combat difficulty is quite weird with Co8 (NC version this time but I don't think it's much different with Co8 Standard), all other combats in the dungeon are pretty easy in comparison, it's no way like a boss/mini boss difficulty spike but quite higher level.

But as if it wasn't enough, I quoted in this combat that enemies prioritize the killing of fallen, and now I wonder if it's not more general, not all enemies but many, the Ogre design is changed to prioritize kill, the bandits with bandits leader tend kill more but I'm not sure why. The problem with such design is it destroys entirely the D&D design of fallen/death, which is quite good particularly at low levels.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2020
    anatoliy likes this.
Our Host!