[Archived] Icewind Dale: ToEE - Total Conversion Open Beta

Discussion in 'Icewind Dale Total Conversion' started by Allyx, Jan 2, 2017.

Remove all ads!
  1. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

This happened to me too first time, then second time it asked for the key.

I think we just need a bit of explanation for folks somewhere - it won't install without the key, and that's the main thing.

2. krevett

krevett Member

Hi, I'm currently testing your demo and I think it would be nice to start a bug report thread as it would help to have them all in the same place for you to correct them.

For now I'm not very far in the game but only encountered two small problems:
    1) the install problem where tfe-x won't ask you for the .key file of iwd the first time you try to install, but the solution in this thread works (it is just not a beautiful solution but it works ;) )
    2) the Aspel quest is not updating when killing the wolf

BTW I'm playing with temple plus (latest version 1.0.49)

3. Allyx

Allyx Master Crafter Global Moderator Supporter

@krevett Thanks for play testing the mod so far, both of those issues are known, the first issue is being looked at, the second was corrected in Temple+ in a previous version, it may have been unfixed with the new update, I don't know. Temple+ is @Sitra Achara's project. It does work correctly without Temple+ however.

4. krevett

krevett Member

OK, thanks for the quick answer! I'm really eager to play more of this conversion, ToEE is really a great engine. If only it had an editor at the level of the aurora engine (NWN 1) , I can't imagine what people could do with this....

5. krevett

krevett Member

Well, on the way to kuldahar pass with 2284 xp per character (party of 5) and a nice fire dagger +1 that sells for 2700gp ^^
    No more bug encountered for now, I'll give feedback when I finish the demo!

Edit: Did the goblin fight on kuldahar pass (wow I did not remember there was so many of them!!) and gained another level. I noticed two more things:

1) I don't know if it's intentional or not but I can't rest in kuldahar pass without my sleep being disturbed by an encounter (thus I can't replenish my spells)
    2) If you look at the world map (not the sector map) and click on a location your party ends up on a black screen that you can't escape without reloading a previous save

Last edited: Aug 14, 2017
  6. Allyx

1) Was intentional, you can rest in Gherag's tower once you have dealt with the Ogre.
    2) That bug was fixed... that is indeed annoying, I'll have to make a new version of temple.dll to fix that issue. Which I was going to do at some point anyway to swap a few worldmap icons around.

7. krevett

krevett Member

Ok, so 1) needs me to kill the ogre as the demo is limited to kuldahar I've got no way to deal with the ogre peacefully :D
    Thanks!

Edit: Just finished the demo with 4906xp per character. I find the bombardier beetle a little more deadly in the original game (but hey it was AD&D rules not 3.5 ;) )

I'll wait until a new version come out ^^ thanks for the hard work!

Last edited: Aug 14, 2017
  8. Allyx

You can deal with him peacefully, you just need a Druid or Ranger to do the talking.

9. krevett

krevett Member

Yes I know that's why I said I have no way to deal with him peacefully without having access to kuldahar (for the demo).
    I have the "classic" type of party a fighter, a barbarian, a rogue, a cleric and a wizard, I could have made the barbarian a ranger but I wanted an half-orc brute with 20 STR ^^

10. erkper

erkper Bugbear Monk Supporter

I wasn't able to deal with the ogre with my ranger/rogue, is there a level or skill requirement?

Maybe I just didn't select him as the speaker, but I really thought I had tried that...

11. Allyx

Ah crap, I accidentally removed the modpack while trying to upload an imperfect fix to the worldmap issue - imperfect because the work I did to fix the deity domains doesn't seem to be included in the new temple.dll, I am trying to track down the fixes from that temple.dll to merge them into the new version, but they seem to have vanished entirely, I'm going to have to re-do them *sigh*.

12. sigofmugmort

sigofmugmort Established Member Supporter

AAACK, looks like the Gremlins have targeted Allyx:eek::p

13. Allyx

Hehehe, no, I just have so many versions of temple.dll floating around on my PC I get confused which ones are which... fortunately I do at least still have my notes on my desk so re-doing the deities domains shouldn't be too hard, just time consuming. on the up side though, I have fixed the world map travel issue reported a few days ago, and even reversed a couple of the world map paths between areas I now know where coded to fire backwards.

EDIT: I think I have finally cracked it, I've uploaded a new version of patch 1 to fix both world map and deity issues.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2017
  14. cork

cork Member

I've been out of the loop for a while now. So, (and this might not be the right spot to post this) what's going on with Icewind Dale? What is the conversion going to do? Sorry if this is in the wrong spot but it caught me by surprise. lol

15. FDR4PREZ

FDR4PREZ Established Member

Read the Icewind Dale: ToEE - Total Conversion thread. At least the first few post because that is where it all started and explained. Then you can download the Demo and play through the prologue

http://www.co8.org/community/index.php?threads/icewind-dale-toee-total-conversion.11868/

Our Host!