Apparel of the Gods...St. Cuthbert needs a fashion check....*Spoilers*

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Cabbex, Jun 30, 2005.

Remove all ads!
  1. Cabbex

Cabbex Member

Man!!! it took me forever but I slayed Iuz and Cuthbert :notworthy :notworthy but all i get is some crappy leather boots a red and black robe a full plate outfit and a glowing hammer.........That should be changed! :rant: After my victory i want to prance around in beautifull angelic armor to show off my power but instead i wear plate armor that i could find easily. What!! thats not right! can someone some thing about it?

2. Zhadowstorm

Zhadowstorm Member

Maybe Iuz was getting busy and just grabbed something when he got a summons to the temple? Hell he could have been in the wizards bedchamber down the hall.

3. ACE4490

ACE4490 Member

there should be some great items if you are able to beat gods.

4. taltamir

taltamir Established Member

keep in mind though, if those guys get new items they are gonna be ALOT harder to beat :)

5. Lord Plothos

Lord Plothos Established Member

Also bear in mind that if the logic is killing of gods is so hard that you deserve a better reward it also follows, IMO, that you have no business slaying gods in the first place. Maybe the rewards should be better, but not because they're gods, for they don't fight like them.

6. Cujo

Cujo Mad Hatter Veteran

yeah If they really did fight as gods they'd crack out the "all heads but mine sword" and in one round they'd the the last one standing.

7. Marceror

Marceror Established Member

I agree that Iuz is a schmuck, but Cuthbert seems pretty god-like to me.

IIRC, he has godly AC of 70+, like 8 attacks per round, never misses, does major damage per hit...

I'm no expert on D&D dieties, but I've certainly reviewed the stats of at least a couple dozen of them. And Cuthbert is pretty impressive. I'd expect that only those with the patience of Job or those who use some of the known Cuthbert exploits could take him down.

I mean if a god were stupid enough to give a party like 50+ tries to kill him... the party might get lucky eventually. It doesn't mean the god is wimpy, just exploited by the munchkin-like players :evilgrin:

8. Heavydan85

Heavydan85 Drinking Champion

you can use the proto editor to edit any characters equipment so you could just edit iuz and cuthbert

9. Cabbex

Cabbex Member

yeah but just giving them any items is ......ungodly..... you must give them awsome personal items...like "Demon Banishing boots of Retribution"!

10. Lord_Spike

Lord_Spike Senior Member Veteran

St. Cuthbert only owns 3 magic items:

+5 Plate Mail
    +3 Bronzewood Cudgel
    Mace of St. Cuthbert

Everything else is masterwork, and of the best quality to be sure, but otherwise non-magical. Any DM that lets you get your hands on ANY of this stuff by killing their owner ought to be disbarred. This game letting people do it is also wrong. All of the Swords of Answering forged in likeness to Fragarach only hit back successfully up to the maximum number of attacks of the wielder. So, if Ranger Bob is allowed two attacks per round, he only gets two automatic hits back with Scather. This represents a change from the module, and is found in the Unearthed Arcana, which Troika didn't consult in the creation of this game. The swords were also changed to be +3 at all times rather than +2 (doubled to +4 on a roll of 20 to hit). Fragarach is not detailed in the Unearthed Arcana, only in the module, so it stands to reason that it is unchanged. But being unique and Lawful Good, (not CG as the module shows mistakenly), it would not harm a LG deity under any circumstances...and would injure anyone who attempted to strike a blow at St. Cuthbert...NOT hit him every time St Cuthbert swings. Lastly, these swords always go last...so if the wielder dies first, they don't get to strike back...!

Last edited: Jul 4, 2005
Our Host!