any announcements / rumors of 4E in crpg ?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Dig314, Feb 2, 2011.

Remove all ads!
  1. Dig314

Dig314 Member

This is going to be a rambling post, so jump in on any topic.

I recently purchased the 4th edition players handbook and read it cover it cover. If you are not familiar with 4E, much has changed compared to 3.5! The bulk of the PHB is devoted to combat powers and combat actions. To me, the 4E feels more like a table-top combat game than a role-playing game. When I play table-top board games that have a complex combat element, it feels like combat takes forever.

Are there any announcements or rumors that a 4th edition Computer game is being developed ? I enjoy turn-based tactical combat when the computer handles all the rules and I can concentrate on the strategy. :pelvicthr I hope it is a matter of WHEN and not IF 4E comes to the computer, but when it does, I hope it is Turn-Based. ( I am not looking to start a debate, I simply enjoy Turn-Based more than Real-Time. ) I have started but not finished Never Winter Nights 2 and Dragon Age. Eventually I will finish both. Dragon Age is an amazing big budget RPG that uses its own real-time combat system. NWN2 is a huge game that uses 3.5 rules in real-time. Everytime I pause combat in either game to issue orders, I think I wish this was turn-based instead.

Dig

2. stage

stage Member

http://crypticstudios.com/neverwinter

But couple of points from me.

First - 99.99% it's NOT going to be turned-based, cause it is not gonna sell for the kids.

Second - I hate the 4E of D&D.

Edit. Scratch that and make it 100% - just read the press release.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2011
  3. TheLadiesOgre

TheLadiesOgre Member

Our Host!