Another Battle Soundtrack for ToEE

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Zoltec, May 24, 2013.

Remove all ads!
  1. Zoltec

Zoltec Pгōdigium

Hello, I really like this battle soundtrack for ToEE and for that, I would like to know your ideas and opinions as well. Click this link: SOUNDTRACK. What do you think? Does it fit ToEE battles? If not all, where? Can we include this in the modpack? What are the risks?

2. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

We have a nearly absolute policy of of not 'borrowing' assets from other game properties outside of ToEE (except when we are desperate, as with the Diablo 3 portraits), and there seems little need to augment ToEE's existing soundtrack, so we won't be adding any material to the modpack. I personally don't think it fits anyway, as the material in your link is orchestral in nature as opposed to the ambient nature of ToEE's original score.

That said, it's pretty easy to shoehorn in a custom soundtrack for your own use. Simply go to data/sound/music and replace the various tracks there with what you want to play where. They're generally obvious as to what they are, e.g. 'Hommlet Theme' or whatever. If you need more help, just ask.

3. Zoltec

Zoltec Pгōdigium

Oh well, really, I'm aware of that policy (#), just askin' round :yes:. Still, it's a good thing to know the exception(s), and the feedback of Co8 folks.

Yeah, not a big whelp when that matters. No need for help. Thanks, for the lending hand.

Our Host!