Animal Scientific Experiment VI

Discussion in 'General Modification' started by Cujo, Jul 16, 2005.

Remove all ads!
  1. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

Well, stat.mes for starters...

I'll keep looking - again thats a .mes thing, not the rule thing that calls it.

Edit: Surprise, there's one in rules that matches it: stat.mes. Change both (add Drow as 2007, with a bit of luck that should give you Male Drow as 14 and Female Drow as 15 to play with in the materials thing (I mean it won't write them, but it will acknowledge them)).

Last edited: Jul 18, 2005
  2. Cujo

Cujo Mad Hatter Veteran

I'll try it and see if it works...

3. Cujo

Cujo Mad Hatter Veteran

well after all that cutting/pasting/re-numbering I get...
    initalising object system (under the blue loading bar on start up) and it stops, I think that its the materials and addmeshs mes, mostly the materials.

testing stuff right now so I'll post this half finished in case I've got to reboot again.

4. Cujo

Cujo Mad Hatter Veteran

no crash I found it (spelling mistake) but kobort one of my guinea pigs, looked human (changed entry in colum 108 to race_drow), the game said he was an elf (I changed his enty in colum 164 to mc_subtype_elf)
    changed the stat.mes in both rules and mes so that drow was ##07 and still nothing. I think that it might be in the dll or something; the bit with known creature types or known races.

5. Shiningted

I was thinking more along the lines of trying to create a new PC thats a Drow.

6. Cujo

Cujo Mad Hatter Veteran

yes but how are you going to make it black without changing the universe? It looks like the "default colour" is human for that model. Also there's the issue of racial traits eg +2dex and -2con because it finds those from colum 108 as well as far as I can tell so wheres the file that says, "Right we got ourselves an elf here so give it {502}{CHEST:art\meshes\PCs\PC_Elf_Male\elf_chest.mdf} and +2dex and -2con"

and maybe +2 saving vs enchantment and imunity to sleep spells, altho this might be colum 164 (pretty sure it is)

7. Shiningted

O absolutely, u'll have to change everything. But i thought changing stat.mes might give you the option of a new race that you can then build on.

8. 0rion79

0rion79 Established Member

Cujo, may you develop an additional texture for half drow NPCs?

9. Cujo

Cujo Mad Hatter Veteran

Sorry no, I'm to lazy, to add one new race means editing about 165 files, 81 or so of them pictures and I havn't actually got it to work proply yet either (to have a 7th known race) if I figure it out the results will be in here and some one else could follow my work.

10. Allyx

Allyx Master Crafter Global Moderator Supporter

Well there we go then, Cujo? Whats taking so long?:p (joking)

Last edited: Jul 19, 2005
  11. Cujo

Cujo Mad Hatter Veteran

I don't seen to be able to find the missing link :shrug:

12. Cujo

Cujo Mad Hatter Veteran

The only problem with my work around is the racial adjustments to the Ability Scores, and its only noticeable on the Drow, unless drow don't have +2dex and -2con then it'll be fine...

found something while going for a wander;

So I don't know what can be done about that, but it does go hand in hand with the bit that colum in the protos that finds the skin colour. Also there's this stuff but it's not going to be added by me.

13. Shiningted

Can I suggest, having Drow in the party should automatically trigger certain reputations - that should deal with the reactions (so NPCs always say, "we don't care for your companions" or some such thing).

Ok, I am putting the cart before the horse.
    I want one for half-drow/half orc. Back to work! <cracks whip>

Btw (not Cujo's fault by any means) I think that character as described is overpowered, surely it should be MINUS 2 Charisma, for the negative reaction the Drow invoke.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2005
  14. Moosehead

Moosehead Rubber nipple

I don't know about you guys, but I personally would rather see the Drow as encounterable, highly potential enemies, or at the very most, joinable NPCs with agendas of their own, rather than a selectable PC subrace.

having them as PCs would make the party way overpowered, and would also kind of break the story a bit i think... i mean, no one in hommlet would want to have very much to do with a race as generally genocidal as the drow. except the traders, of course.

i'm pretty sure black jay would even attack a drow on sight, with him being an elf friend and all.

15. Cujo

Cujo Mad Hatter Veteran

There's not a shit show in hell that Drow are going to be a race you can pick at start up, you're just as likly to have a Balor, but as a hireable NPC, maybe like if you hire Darly and Scorpp etc people'll love you just as much ;)

btw, I always thought charisma was reletive and highly subjective, like orcs talking to orcs or a drow sorcerer or something like that

Our Host!