Animal Scientific Experiment VI

Discussion in 'General Modification' started by Cujo, Jul 16, 2005.

Remove all ads!
  1. Cujo

Cujo Mad Hatter Veteran

This thread is going to be boring and not helpful to most people, why?
    Because its the results of all my testing to do with models and textures;
    take a look at the picture below, do you notice anything (and in a couple of days/weeks the pic'll be gone) so what is it? Its Kobort of course, but he must've been on steroids, just look at the size of him, he's not taller just beefed up to the max. thats because his model is a halforcs model not a humans, but his skin is still pink like a humans, his hair doesn't fit (its still size human, and any armour with addmesh is also still size human) so what does this tell me, it tells me that part of the game that tells the model what skin and hair to use isn't in the model but somewhere else in the protos and beond.

my quest is to one day make a drow, I've seen bits and pieces of code with drow in them but what I need to do is to be able to add a drow into the protos and have the game recognise it as a race and give the model a skin of its own.

2. Cujo

Cujo Mad Hatter Veteran

Part two of my experiment; here's Turuko, his skin is dark like a gnome...
    so its the collum with race in the protos that tells the model what skin to use. now all I've got to do is find out how it looks for its skin outside of the protos and how to add to that list.

3. Cujo

Cujo Mad Hatter Veteran

I did some more tinkering but the "drow" skin appears as the elfs skin (I used turuko again) so according to the materials.mes found data/rules there are 14 know creature types, I can't figure out how it only knows 14 creature types and how to add or take them away. maybe its in the dll <looks at drifter>
    I just had an Idea...
    ok I just found a loop hole in the game. It means male and female Drow, but that's, all I can't do more than one pair (one male one female) new skins. well I'll keep trying and I might be able to get a total of 2 or 3 (one male one female) if I can exploit the loop hole more, but it might not work haven't tested yet for more than one pair.

4. Cujo

Cujo Mad Hatter Veteran

Ok apart from Drow, what does anyone want for skin colours (at the moment I don't know if I'll be able to make PCs of them but if some one knows how to add NPCs then there might be a colection of new peoples.

btw if I get it all to work should I change Lareth to a Drow?

5. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

Great work!

And no Lareth shouldn't be a Drow, but his best friends would be...

6. Cujo

Cujo Mad Hatter Veteran

So how did I do it;
    I changed half elfs to look like drow, why
    because half elfs use the human stuff anyway so the one line in the protos for race means that if you change all halfelf enties to human nothing is going to change (they get there racial bonuses etc from a different collum) so any enties as half elf will look like Drow but the halfelf isn't broken because they'll be useing human (this entry only defines hair and skin)

BG info
    there are only 3 different models and 4 different skins in the game,halfelfs , halflings and humans all use exactly the same stuff.

7. Cujo

Cujo Mad Hatter Veteran

well here's a pic of my drow PC.

now for the long boring bit, I'm going to have to go through every armour and clothing in the game and add a version for drow if you can see the skin (this is going to make one masive mod just for one new race)

Last edited: Jun 13, 2007
  8. Cujo

Cujo Mad Hatter Veteran

Guinea Pigs Wanted

Guinea Pigs Wanted;
    I need some people to help test this hole Drow business, don't worry only 100 files to edit then I'm done, but I want to know if all my theroies are correct and that I'm not breaking anything else in the game by what I'm doing...

So how wants to help?

9. Old Book

Old Book Established Member

Well, if it's just a matter of installing the files, I'll be glad to try a mostly Drow party for a short run through.

Note: If ToEE does not support ECLs, I don't think Drow should get any special benefits from being Drow, beyond the cool look.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2005
  10. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

So you've changed the half-elves, but we can still keep our half-elves? Kewl :D :clap:

11. Cujo

Cujo Mad Hatter Veteran

yip... but the game calls them humans with bonuses, it looks kinda weird but I'm pretty sure thats how it works;

for example if you make a half elf PC it says its a half elf until you click finish and then calls it a human, when I tryed with other races (gnome) their stats changed all 11s went to con13 and str9.

12. devil of all rumors

devil of all rumors Member

Wow cujo where did you get the program from that let`s you change skin coler and all (i am a little you know - :dribble:)

13. Cujo

Cujo Mad Hatter Veteran

Its just photoshop.

14. Cujo

Cujo Mad Hatter Veteran

I'm almost done only the elvin chain, and my own armours to go and then Drow is born, (but not till tomorrow)
    Its going to be 1.95mb (minimum) once I'm done :anger:

the real cool thing is that if you back up your protos and your materials.mes before hand then those files will reset the game to have no drow even with all the extra files I'm working on.

15. Cujo

Cujo Mad Hatter Veteran

:cry: well guess what if you want the drow you will lose another race, no way around it that I can do...

according to the materials.mes found data/rules...

Code:
    // Each material swap is allocated into banks of 100
    // where each offset into that 100 is a different creature
    // type. Known creature types are:
    //  0 - Human Male
    //  1 - Human Female
    //  2 - Elf Male
    //  3 - Elf Female
    //  4 - Half-Orc Male
    //  5 - Half-Orc Female
    //  6 - Dwarf Male
    //  7 - Dwarf Female
    //  8 - Gnome Male
    //  9 - Gnome Female
    // 10 - Half-Elf Male
    // 11 - Half-Elf Female
    // 12 - Halfing Male
    // 13 - Halfling Female
    I was wondering if anyone knew how to add male and female, <something else> to the known creature types, there is heaps of room in this file to add stuff, its some where else that needs to know what the extra stuff is.

Our Host!