AI fixes / bug reports

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Livonya, Feb 22, 2005.

Remove all ads!
  1. Draggor

Draggor Member

Using current version of Temple patch

Any more suggestions? Mabey I will reinstall and see if that fixes it.

~Update~

Uninstalled and reinstalled, now I am able to start however, I have a "T" in my inventory.

~Update 2~

I had to get rid of the prototype number 11008 from the start_equipment.mes file. It seems that warriors have been modifed to start with a ponderous amount of stuff. =)

Problem solved

Last edited: Mar 18, 2005
  2. lord_graywolfe

lord_graywolfe Wolfman

yeah i read it after i finally got it Lord Plothos. all it said was something about the developers not taking the time to do anything with it the book. i was sure that when i first played this game that i got the map from that book too but i couldnt even get the book this time untill i added the long description file from vicks and wedges mod. very odd. but at least after talking to people in hommlet i got the map finally.

3. Rook Hudson

Rook Hudson Member

When will it end ?

Observations:
    I have read alot on all these patches and mods making TOEE better and it all sounds intriguing and I can only say that to those people, Livonya and others, who are doing all the hard work, my proverbial hat goes off to you, you are a credit to the gaming community and I admire your efforts 100%.

However I have a concern about it too. My concern is that the modifications will go on and on and never finish and people will be releasing mods and patches, etc until the end of time and there will therefore never be a definitive TOEE which I or anyone else can say: 'this is how TOEE is supposed to be', and then click on the final finished icon and download or install THAT final finished form, with all the modifications included in the one click, so that all one has to do is install TOEE, the official patches (perhaps not patch 3) plus ONE final everything-included ultimate this-is-it-there's-nothing-more-needed mod patch!

What I am saying is that I would like one day to play TOEE and know that that is it, complete, nothing further needed, no more tweaking required. Does anyone agree with me on this, or is TOEE always going to be a work in progress ? I say this not out of frustration but out of a desire for completeness. I feel with TOEE with all the tweaking going on (and obviously badly need) that I have purchased an incomplete product, and this bugs me. When I buy something I want it to be complete, as it is meant to be. When people start reporting that it needs endless fixes I just feel like that pope who kept asking Michelangelo re: the Sistene Chapel "when is it going to be finished ?". I want to one day play the complete TOEE, in all its glory, and enjoy it for what it supposed to be, a great game, a great experience.

Do you think this will ever happen ? Or is the game so full of holes ....

4. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

The answer to your question is both yes and no, I believe.

In the short term, the plan as I understand it is to release Co8 4.0.0 when Livonya is completed with her work, as well as when Morpheus completes his stuff and codes it all up. There will be a few other additions as well -- stuff dulcaoin, Allyx, and others are working on. But that endeavor is finite, and should actually be completed soon, following no doubt a fair amount of playtesting and bug-squashing by forum members.

In the long term, no, the game will never be completely finished. Being as we are not the creators of the game, I don't suppose we can ever say, "that's it, no more mods." People will always make mods, as long as there's interest. IMO this is a good thing, as if we come to unravel the engine enough so that we fully understand it and have access to most if not all of its elements, we could conceivably go beyond mods into sequels, "Return to ToEE" maybe, again provided that people remain interested.

So look on the bright side: The upcoming vesion release will be the most comprehensive and effective mod to date, and the campaign you play upon its release should be better than any you've played before.

5. Allyx

Allyx Master Crafter Global Moderator Supporter

From what I gather, the possabilities with this games engine are virtually limitless, once we have made the engine as true to 3.5 ed D&D as possable, we could change the maps, npc's names, equipment, dialogue ect... package it all back up again and redistribute it as a new game, my brother (a computer game art designer for many years) once told me that software copywrites are are farce, as long as you can prove that there are five differences between your new game and the old one, it's all legal! I'm no lawyer but if thats true, it's all good.

Our Host!