Advice

Discussion in 'General Modification' started by Livonya, Mar 13, 2005.

Remove all ads!
  1. Livonya

Livonya Established Member

A couple of questions.

I can't seem to remember, but is there such a thing as a Potion of Dispel Magic? Can an item like that be made in D&D. I am too lazy to look it up right now.

If such an item can exist then here is what I was thinking...

I was thinking of making this item and giving 1 to some of the spell casters in the game.

Right now Silence is pretty much an end game for any enemy spell caster. They continue to cast even though they are Silenced and they won't move out of the Silenced area... duh.

So what I was thinking was to give them a Potion of Dispel Magic. So at least they will get 1 chance to dispel the Silence. I wouldn't give it to all of them, but at least a few...

The normal solutions don't work... The Still Spell Feat, moving out of the area, etc... so rather than just have them act like morons I thought of this potion idea.

What do you think?

- Livonya

2. Allyx

Allyx Master Crafter Global Moderator Supporter

potions of dispel magic are NOT listed in the 3.0 dmg but why not just use scrolls of dispel magic? I know once you've finished your mods I'm gonna scribe a whole bunch of them myself! I'm not sure if counterspells work the way they should (never had the reason to try), but in p&p your supposed to ready an action, make a spellcraft check vs Dc 15 + spell level (free action) and then cast the same spell they're casting! and to be honest how often does anyone manage to do that? I'd personally use dispel magic as a counterspell in most instances anyway.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2005
  3. Kalshane

Kalshane Local Rules Geek

I believe the reason there's no potions of Dispel Magic is because it can be used as an area effect spell in addition to single target and potions can only be single target spells. I think ToEE only implements the area effect version, which could be a problem.

4. Livonya

Livonya Established Member

Unfortunantly NPCs can't use scrolls. At least I haven't figure out how to make them use them.

Does anyone have a link to possible potions? I would like to see what I can make.

- Livonya

5. Allyx

Allyx Master Crafter Global Moderator Supporter

How about wands, can they use those? Either that or just have them memorize dispel magic (provided thy can cast 3rd level spells anyway).

Our Host!