Additional NPC's

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by blackwind, Nov 29, 2008.

Remove all ads!
  1. blackwind

blackwind Established Member

Can someone list all the NPC's added by the 5.5 mod other than Ronald and Pishella?

Thanks in advance for any replies.

2. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

Do you mean joinable NPCs? There aren't any. In fact, Ronald and Pishella aren't even unique to 5.5 - they were around before.

3. blackwind

I meant any additional NPC's that can be recruited that are not in the original version of the game.

Other than the two I mentioned before Ronald and Pishella.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2008
  4. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

Well, I've racked (wracked?) my brain about this for about 30 seconds and I can't think of any others, just those two.

5. blackwind

Cool, thanks.

6. Basil the Timid

Basil the Timid Dont Mention the War

I know this is not a reliable source but I was checking out the levelup tab and noticed that the last listing is "Barbarian". Who the hell is that?

I also noticed there was no listing for Zaxis, but Sorceror's Place mentioned that he continues leveling as Fighter. Was Zaxis in vanilla?

7. shadow5

shadow5 Member

Zaxis was in vanilla.A lot of vanilla NPC's used to switch t o multiclass as fighters,I guess to handle adventuring with PC parties.But a "new" npc not in vanilla was Riana ,Serena's sister who is in the brothel.Maybe she was created by Troika but when Hasbro had that section blocked off she was lost .I guess the modders(the great and wise ones) would know.:confused:

8. sps49

sps49 Wide-Eyed Tourist Supporter

Basil- not sure what you are asking, but Kobort seems to be a Barbarian (has Barbarian Rage feat).

9. wizgeorge

wizgeorge Prophet of Wizardy

The game could use a few non-human npc's, like a cute female half-elf wizard or a dwarf fighter. Maybe a big half-orc barbarian ala Kobort or the one in the pregen section(Krusk?). Give them good stats and feats, armor, etc. Most of the npc's have such lame stats they're not hardly worth recruiting. Plus, a lot of people don't use npc's anyway, but it would be a good modding project for someone.

10. GuardianAngel82

GuardianAngel82 Senior Member

Besides actually creating the character itself, presumably in WorldBuilder, what would the community need, in general terms? Some recruitment dialog? A back-story? Some sort of combat script?

A lot of people would be interested in creating NPC's, even if they weren't used in Co8. And they might pick up some modding skills along the way. ;)

11. blackwind

I don't recruit NPC's because of combat abilities and or skill. I just think they add a new dimension to the game.

12. Half Knight

Half Knight Gibbering Mouther

Yup, that's another one.
    Also, the lesbian girl on the brothel has some NPC qualities too (she channel negative energy, and has a deity -i think Norebo-), but she's not been developed.

Actually, all of them.
    But is not that difficult as it sounds.
    The back-story goes into the dialog file (dlg). The combat script can simply be a copy of a similar charcter.
    Ted has good tutorials on dlgs, which technically speaking, is the main work. It's a good deal of work, but not difficult. As a matter of fact, you could take another NPC, change the details of what's he's going to say, and copy the other files and you'll have a simple charcter.

Well, there is a ranger female elf. And don't forget about the two big orcs (Tuelk and Pintark).
    In my install, i've changed Wicked to be a though Dwarf. There are lots of human rogues, and not even a single Dwarf npc, so i thougth it would be a good idea. Just a few protos changes, a new portrait, and voilĂ ! :)

13. erkper

erkper Bugbear Monk Supporter

There is? Am I just being brain-dead here, or have I missed someone for years?

14. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

I bet Sps49 just said 'Kella'. I agree - HK is getting confused. :p

Regrding Riana - she seems to be Jenelda's 'replacement'. Bizarre.

15. Half Knight

Half Knight Gibbering Mouther

What?' Me, confused?? :rant:
    When that happened before?'

:p

Seriously, i haven't able to recruit her but yes,
    Murfles
    is actually an elven ranger, a kind of an agent or the like.

Our Host!