adding to Orc Quest

Discussion in 'General Modification' started by Ax Thrower, Oct 13, 2006.

Remove all ads!
  1. Ax Thrower

Ax Thrower Blood Lust

Would the modder of the orc quest mind if I worked a cave system into the quest where there is a cave system attached to the backend of the chamber leading down to the breading grounds of the Orcs... this would build upon Kentors statement of Orcs in the area...

this would be my real first modding attempt////

2. Allyx

Allyx Master Crafter Global Moderator Supporter

Rufnredde made the prespawn, he's out injured at the moment, but if your serious about modding, perhaps the Imeryd's run respawn might apeal to you? You can find info on that here.

3. Ax Thrower

Ax Thrower Blood Lust

Allyx... I can give it a try, can someone direct me to the files that actually create the respawn in the moathouse, so that I can study his work and adapt it...

4. erkper

erkper Bugbear Monk Supporter

Since the Orc Prespawn occurs in the Ogre Cave, I'm not too sure that adding to it would be a good idea. The modders here bounced around a lot of ideas and reasoning as to what would be in the cave and why, and a fairly small orc raiding party is what they came up with. Adding an orc breeding ground would totally change the concept of the encounter, and then the Ogres being in there later (it's a Fire Temple quest, IIRC) would make no sense at all.

But as Allyx said, there are plenty of other modding opportunities to work on.

5. Ax Thrower

Ax Thrower Blood Lust

I have not run into the respawn on the ogres... of course what you say makes sense... Can you tell me where the respawning is coded so that I can look at it... I am working on creating the Black Dragon adult now and maybe a few others to go along with Allyx's suggestion and the idea submitted about putting Black Dragons in Imeryds Run as per the link that Allyx noted above...

6. Allyx

Allyx Master Crafter Global Moderator Supporter

@Ax Thower; Join me in the IRC room (there's a link at the top of the page - under chat), where I can give you some help getting started.

Our Host!