Adding new weapons

Discussion in 'General Modification' started by WinstonShnozwick, Sep 8, 2016.

Remove all ads!
  1. marc1967

marc1967 Established Member

The simplest way would be:

Weapon Enhancement Bonus
    0​

The way you have it done would also require "Damage Bonus -1 0", but would also be confusing to look at in the Attack Roll box for players.

Yes. Once you add a new proto and copy over the 3 files as I described above, your new item is just as valid as any other in the game.

Just use the console command 'give' followed by the proto number. Example:

give 4800
    I would suggest doing this after each step in the creation process instead of doing everything at once because you won't know where things went wrong when it doesn't work the first time through. So...

1. Create your new proto.
    2. Save and copy the files over, then restart the game and do a 'give' and test to see if it works.
    3. Make changes to the whatever attributes of the proto you want to change.
    4. Save and copy the files over, then restart the game and do a 'give' and test to see if it works.
    5. Duplicate the 5 mesh files and change meshes.mes.
    6. Save and copy the files over, then restart the game and do a 'give' and test to see if it works.

Ok, you get the point .:)

2. Sitra Achara

Sitra Achara Senior Member

Why not just use Weapon Enhancement Bonus with the first arg as 0? I think it should accomplish the same effect.

However note that the weapon will then be craftable. So you should consider creating a new modifier that handles the magic weapon property.

3. WinstonShnozwick

WinstonShnozwick Established Member

Come to think of it, how do you make a weapon not craftable?

I got it in the game, it seems to work. Can I make it so the blue glow around the weapon doesn't show?

Last edited: Sep 11, 2016
  4. Allyx

Allyx Master Crafter Global Moderator Supporter

I think the magic weapon glows are hardcoded, though adding a modified flaming sword particle effect may obscure that glow completely.

5. Sitra Achara

Sitra Achara Senior Member

The glow is a hardcoded hook that is part of the Weapon Enhancement Bonus modifier. Face it winston, you're going to have to create a new modifier for the weapon ;)

6. WinstonShnozwick

I know, I'm just trying to see how much I can get away with hardcoded first. I guess I'll take off the weapon enhancement bonus and start with the modifier from here. :eek:

7. Allyx

A Soulknife can't craft unless he crossclasses to a class that can, set the weapon as no_drop and it can't be traded away to a second character that can craft it.

8. WinstonShnozwick

It's set to not being droppable right now.
    Actually, my crafting issue isn't a problem, because one of the modifiers for it will make it so the weapon disappears if you unequip it, as per how soulknife works, and you can only craft things that are unequipped in the backpack :)

How do I get a particle effect constantly tied to the weapon, like flame tongue? I want to have some sort of new effect on it constantly.

9. Allyx

there is a flaming sword particle effect already in the game, you can add that to the proto for your weapon and read up on making new particle effects from that base effect. There is a thread about modding particle effects already that may be helpful.

If you haven't already, get the polish version of patch 2 and install it as per the instructions on this forum (in a new folder with nothing but a blank changelog.txt file in it) and you will find World Ed and V2brute have been included as well, move them to your ToEE install folder and play with V2brute for a while.

10. WinstonShnozwick

I already downloaded V2Brute from the particle tutorial here.

11. WinstonShnozwick

Yay, the particle editor doesn't seem as confusing as I thought! Untitled.png

Now I feel much more confident of being able to make custom GFX for the new stuff, but I have no idea what to do concerning sound effects.

Our Host!