Adding my own Custom Portraits Problems

Discussion in 'General Modification' started by Mosharn, Jul 11, 2007.

Remove all ads!
  1. Mosharn

Mosharn Member

I have been struggling to get 6 custom portraits into the game for the past few days and after reading a lot of threads and trying several things i figure i would post to see if anyone can help me out.

I am running Patch 2 with the 5.0.0 Installed and using the front end.

I was able to use my Portraits successfully in the basic game but i am not able to get them to add into the Co8 version.

I am able to select my custom Portrait pack through the front end, create my characters and everything is good.

When i restart and switch back to the Play File all my portraits appear as Black squares with an arrow in them.

I have tried replacing some entries in the Play file with my Portraits and i get them to display but as soon as i try to go into the equipment screen in CTD.

What would be the easiest way for me to get these into the game.

Any help would be appreciated. I am thinking I am missing a file or adding them to the wrong place.

I have given them unique number sequences i believe around the 1700 range and that failed. I also tried overwriting the portraits from 0040 to 1100 and that did not work either.

Some tries i have gotten them to display ok but i CTD as soon as i try to open my equipment.

Thanks in advance for any help someone can give me.

2. Cujo

Cujo Mad Hatter Veteran

Did you try starting the game at this point? cos they might actually be doing what they're sposed to.

3. Mosharn

Mosharn Member

I just figured out my issue.

After a little more digging through the forum i found out what was wrong.

I had the Grey images saved as grayscale.

Well off to give this a shot.

Thanks

Last edited: Jul 12, 2007
Our Host!