Ack! Please help! Save Game files Corrupted!?

Discussion in 'General Modification' started by anoldman, Oct 11, 2003.

Remove all ads!
  1. anoldman

anoldman Member

My party of level 6 (2ftr,Clr,Wiz,Rge) + Elmo were in a portion of the Temple with some bugbears and some wisps...

Met a hill giant who actually ended up JOINING THE PARTY!!

Man was I psyched, I threw some platemail and a shield on him and his AC was... 40! =)

Lol, so of course I was sweating the day when he might turn against me but I was determined to heal him, treat him nice, give him shiny weapons and armor as his share of the loot and generally have him whack a hole through the temple...

but then...

I went outside the temple (Burned out farmhouse) rested, saved game etc., traveled to Hommlet, and was outside inn...

I crafted 3-4 wands, then was going to craft magk weapon/Armor and *BANG* ...CTD...

ok, no problem I thought, last time i just had a bad variable somewhere, re-booted computer, loaded ToEE with -fps toggle, clicked Load Game, clicked my last save... -->Corrupted Save Game (Ok/Cancel)... urp... tried Autosave -->Corrupted Save Game (ok/cancel)... tried Quicksave --> Corrupted Save Game...

The only thing I can figure was Hill Giant addition?

I was able to load an older save game in hommlet (bleh about 2-3 hours old)... :(

anyhoo, just thought I would mention it. Not sure if Hill giant or if something else. I will get back to where I was and make lots of little saves on the way, maybe I can confirm add Hill Giant = don't save?

Anyway, thought I would throw it out there. Let me know If I can provide anymore info...

(Original crash was Radial Dial->Craft Mgk Weapons/Armor--> CTD) Craft Wands and wonder Items was fine...

Thanks,

An Old MAn

2. JHunz

JHunz Member

I think a lot of people have played with the Hill Giant without any problems. I'm not sure why you got corruption.

3. Executor

Executor Member

Go to your "Temple of Elemental Evil\modules\ToEE\Save\Current" directory. Are there any files in that directory or in any subdirectories?

4. Barthes

Barthes Member

There is a consistent CTD when the crafter has a magical weapon or shield (one that was originally magical and not crafted by him/her from masterwork) in their inventory...at least it's automatic in my game. If I put a longsword +2 in my wizard's inventory and try to craft I crash everytime. I reload, pass the sword to someone else and everything is kosher.

I don't think it's the hill giant, I have the same giant, same plate mail...it's got to be tight...and no problems here.

Sorry wish I could help more.

Our Host!