Accessibility issue

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Wizzim, Jun 21, 2007.

Remove all ads!
  1. Wizzim

Wizzim Member

Hello !

I'm new to this forum and to TOEE. I begin a new thread since my search didn't bring any results...

I play TOEE with Co8 5.0.0 patched to 5.0.4. Since I have a widescreen display, I set the game to use the 1650x1080 resolution. Unfortunately, at this resolution, the hud is very small, the font is ridiculously tiny (screenshot attached), and I must stick up my nose to the screen to read the dialogs (I have a very bad eyesight).
    Is it possible to scale the HUD up, or at least increase the font size ?

Thanks by advance :)

Attached Files:

2. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

:blink:

Use a smaller resolution?

3. Wizzim

Wizzim Member

Yeah, but at lower resolution, I have two black strips left and right of the screen, and I loose 25% of my screen. But I think that there is a option in the video drivers to remove them...

Oh nevermind, I was curious to know if the HUD was scalable.

4. krunch

krunch moving on in life

Widescreen LCD displays were not considered an option for latops when the ToEE game was being coded. Regular 17" desktop monitors were starting to become inexpensive enough for regular business use. Widescreen laptops at that time may have been an option for military or government use, if even that, but very little else.

5. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

I have a widescreen monitor (1440 x 900 native resolution, 16:10 aspect ratio) that displays ToEE just fine. I think I've got 800 x 600 resolution selected in-game, but the display is just stretched. Not sure if there's some graphics card setting somewhere that tells it to do that; I never set it if there is.

Our Host!