About the ToEE mods in general

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Peeter, Jul 26, 2005.

Remove all ads!
  1. Peeter

Peeter Member

Heya, I'm new to the forum. :stoned: :)

In truth, I have yet to play ToEE yet but generally being a mod-whore, I went googling to see if there were any. As I can see, ToEE has a very extensive modding community.

I read from somewhere that once Livonya 2.0 becomes finished, the modding crew is going to combine that and many other neat mods into the next Co8 patch release. I'm planning on going through the game with the latest Troika patch first and then playing with the upcoming Co8 patch once it's released.

Not to offend, but being more or less of a perfectionist, (or maybe rather a pedant) I have a few questions concerning the content that the next Co8 patch adds to the game.

1. Are there any pop culture references, typos, bugs in the new content?
    2. Is there any out-of-game content that doesn't belong to the D&D world (such as LotR items) ?
    3. Most importantly, are the new items and spells balanced?

Thank you in advance. :)

2. Moosehead

Moosehead Rubber nipple

1. There won't be if I have any say in this :p
    Bugs can't all be ironed out though, but everyone who's been working at fixing them have been doing an excellent job. so yeah, I'm pretty sure that most bugs that CAN be fixed, will be.

2. Not as far as I know, no. Everyone's being very careful not to have items, quests and characters that don't fit in with the D&D (and especially the world of Greyhawk) canon. No LotR items, hehe.

3. Everyone's also commenting on what they think is necessary to retain game balance, and bringing their own suggestions too, and especially Livonya has been excellent at maintaining game balance. in fact, she's even improved it!

3. Peeter

Peeter Member

YES, your answers are perfect! :thumbsup: Just what I've been looking for. :)

Are you guys planning to compile the next Co8 patch just after Livonya finishes 2.0 or are there any other mods at work that could delay the project?

4. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

Well hopefully 1 will get fulfilled, but 2 and 3 are ummmm, well... so a pistol weilding Aragorn is not on, you say? I think you may have a point! We'll see what happens: thanks to Agetian's FrontEnd, it will be simple to decide what you want to include and what you want to avoid :)

Voices? Do I hear voices?

5. Lord_Spike

Lord_Spike Senior Member Veteran

Yeah...Aragorn's much tougher when he kills King Arthur to get Excalibur...but I like to keep the 6-gun as a backup.

6. Cujo

Cujo Mad Hatter Veteran

in relation to 2 and 3;

I've made a gun but I got the idea from Lord Spike and some paladin that had one, I can't remember the story. the spell that makes it fire can't be chosen as a spell because I made it internal, the same goes for my other spell which altho powerful balances itself out in other little ways :evil_laug

7. Lord_Spike

Lord_Spike Senior Member Veteran

The six-gun saga...

...Murlynd is prone to carry technological weapons (variously called "45s" "six shooters" and "hog legs") which he is able to employ in both left and right hands. His special aura enables these devices to function even on Oerth, for instance. Each weapon sends forth three missiles per round, if he so desires. These projectiles will strike even the most powerful of magical creatures and inflict 2-8 points of damage when they hit. The range of these arcane weapons is the same as the range of a light crossbow.

Murlynd is a 12th level Paladin, Magic User, and Illusionist possessed of varying Psionic ability and 35% magic resistance. He travels alone most of the time, but at other times can be found in the company of one or more other personalities, including Heironius, Heward, Koeghtom, Mordenkainen, and Zagyg.

These weapons were brought to the Greyhawk campaign as cross-overs from the "Boot Hill" Old West RPG, and are the only ones ever to do so... in this edition, anyway.

++++++++++++

This is a 'quasi-deity' character from the original Greyhawk campaign played by the creators themselves. I imagine that he was thought up after watching a few old episodes of "Paladin". You remember...Have gun, will travel...?

Our Host!