About the new Pregame Store

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Keolander, Nov 7, 2005.

Remove all ads!
  1. Keolander

Keolander Member

Ok,

I'm of two minds about this mod. Its a great change of pace from having preset equipment. The wealth of new icons for gear is a nice thing. Players can now choose items that are more colourful than previously. It helps to differentiate them. I especially like being able to finally use the Red Mystic Garb.

However, the variable gold allotment is kinda out there in my opinion. As an RPGA Living Greyhawk player, maybe Ive become spoiled on having max gold at first level. There is also the fact that the prices for the equipment are inflated from what they should be in the Players Handbook, eventhough this should really represent what players begin their adventuring careers with, not the adjusted economics of some crossroads town like Hommlet.

Does anyone know if there is a way to lower the costs of the equipment to that of the base price as well as have the gold fixed to that of the max starting amount for each PC?

Also, is there any way to add to inven_source file additional gear like more than one green cloak (I usually have a Druid and a Ranger in the group).

I will say that I totally appreciate what all the modders have done over the time I've been at Circle of Eight. Please don't misconstrue my queries or occasional gripes as being unappreciative. As I've said before, all but a handful of my own attempts at modding usually result in a CTD.

PS - There has got to be some way to get purple, blue and brown cloaks for this game. Those colours are used on other pieces of garb.

Last edited: Nov 7, 2005
  2. Allyx

Allyx Master Crafter Global Moderator Supporter

Ok to answer your questions I made the shop map (with some scripting help from Cerulean the blue and Agetian - thanks guy's).

I'm not sure how to lower the price of items (short of increasing one of your characters appraise skill), but if you feel you need more gold either type...

"give 7003" (500gp)
    "give 7002" (50gp)
    "give 7001" (5gp)
    "give 7000" (0.5gp)

Without the quotation marks in to the console. Or open data/rules/start_equipment.mes
    and add the numbers I mentioned before (separated by a space) for each class and size, this should give you more money at the start of the game.

As for adding items, if you have ToEEWB, you can open the modules/co8_4.0.0/maps/caravan folder copy the .mob files (all of them) paste them into your world builder/mobiles folder, run ToEEWB open a mobile (one of the treasure chests) click on the containers tab and add what ever you like.

Alternatively post a shopping list of what you'd like there, I can do it in about 5 minutes, and post it back for you.

As for new coloured clothes - you'd have to ask Cujo to put it on his to do list (it's a kinda long list at the moment).

Last edited: Nov 7, 2005
  3. Cujo

Cujo Mad Hatter Veteran

I've done the hard bit to make a blue cape (yes it has no hood) I might get aroung to doing the others as you gave colours that you would like (altho what other clothings would you be wearing them with so I can match the colours)

4. Cerulean the Blue

Cerulean the Blue Blue Meanie Veteran

Sorry Allyx. You can't do it that way. The script strips all moneys from the characters as soon as they hit the Shop Map, then adds the random money. He'll either have to console in the money or change the script, which is in data/scr/oo334generic_spawner.py.

5. Allyx

Oh yeah - forgot about that one he he, silly me.

6. bradrinwi

bradrinwi Established Member

from toee import *

find py00334generic_spawner.py
    in the scr folder

def san_heartbeat( attachee, triggerer ):
    # money script by Agetian
    if (game.leader.map == 5123): # Shop Map
    game.party[0].money_adj(-game.party[0].money_get()) # strip all money
    game.party[0].money_adj(game.random_range(XXXXXX, XXXXXX)) #add XXXX-XXXX gold pocket money

Replace the 'X's with the amounts in bronze peices you wish to add

and the # is the comments or rem line

note pad works for editing this dont forget to make a backup just in case*rename it something unique! *

*the game will add it in gold but figures things in bronze..*

7. Allyx

Uhh, that's COPPER pieces - someone has been spending too much time in Krynn!

8. bradrinwi

bradrinwi Established Member

lol oops no realms of arkania early 90's comp game based on

der schwarze auge
    (the dark eye)
    (german gaming system never caught on in the states but really good)

Gold silver bronze

9. Cujo

Cujo Mad Hatter Veteran

well to solve my $ problem when I was deciding what looked best I just used "give 7003" (without quote marks) I also had to console 1 suit of armour and the tetsubo in. its actually the first time I've used the shop map...

10. krunch

krunch moving on in life

As a reminder, you can use the UP ARROW button on your keyboard to list the previous commands used in the console. If I type give 7003 and press enter, I can press the up arrow button to select give 7003, again, and press enter. It keeps a person from having to re-type some keystrokes.

11. Keolander

Keolander Member

Actually, no, Bronze Pieces were in Greyhawk courtesy of WG 4 The Forgotten Temple of Tharizdun (WG1 was actually T1 Village of Hommlet, WG2 was actually T1-4 Temple of Elemental Evil and WG3 was actually S4 The Lost Caverns of Tsojcanth). That concludes your lesson today in Greyhawk History :icon_chuc

12. Allyx

So did you want extra items in the shop map Keolander? And if so what ones?

13. Hochvater

Hochvater Member

How about masterwork fantasy items...?

14. krunch

krunch moving on in life

How about a recruitable female redhed NPC 1st level Bard gal - let's say, 5'-4" and cute with stats something like

12 STR
    14 DEX
    11 CON
    16 INT
    13 WIS
    18 CHA

That'd be cool!..

PS: The more girls the merrier...laugh. :p

15. Keolander

Keolander Member

Extra cloaks would be nice, of all colours if possible. If anyone can figure out how to make brown, blue, grey and purple cloaks, I'll be your friend for life. :notworthy

Other than that, just lowering the prices to Players Handbook bases as well as max gold starting (as per RPGA Guidelines) would be something I would like....when its feasible. :dribble:

Our Host!