About Scorrp fix

Discussion in 'General Modification' started by Shin, Oct 7, 2003.

Remove all ads!
  1. Shin

Shin Established Member

Hello, I just joined in. :)

I hope to contribute myself into making this game even better. :) I have some ideas going in my head. Here's the first one. :) Scorrp is a hillgiant NPC who can join your party, he just kicks ass, maybe a little too much... Let me explain :

Here's a quote from SRD...

Hill Giants as Characters
    Reckless brutes of incredible strength but little wit, hill giant characters are never truly accepted into society. Yet they do well on its edges and frontiers, forging a strong and profitable existence.
    Despite their rugged appearance and great size, their basically humanoid shape makes it easy for them to relate with more civilized folk.
    Hill giant characters possess the following racial traits.
    — +14 Strength, –2 Dexterity, +8 Constitution, –4 Intelligence, –4 Charisma.
    —Large size. –1 penalty to Armor Class, –1 penalty on attack rolls, –4 penalty on Hide checks, +4 bonus on grapple checks, lifting and carrying limits double those of Medium characters.
    —Space/Reach: 10 feet/10 feet.
    —A hill giant’s base land speed is 40 feet.
    —Low-light vision.
    —Racial Hit Dice: A hill giant begins with twelve levels of giant, which provide 12d8 Hit Dice, a base attack bonus of +8, and base saving throw bonuses of Fort +8, Ref +4, and Will +4.
    —Racial Skills: A hill giant’s giant levels give it skill points
    equal to 15 x (2 + Int modifier). Its class skills are Climb, Jump, Listen, and Spot.
    —Racial Feats: A hill giant’s giant levels give it five feats.
    — +9 natural armor bonus.
    —Special Attacks (see above): Rock throwing.
    —Special Qualities (see above): Rock catching.
    —Weapon and Armor Proficiency: A hill giant is automatically proficient with simple weapons, martial weapons, light and medium armor, and shields.
    —Automatic Languages: Giant. Bonus Languages: Common, Draconic, Elven, Goblin, Orc.
    —Favored Class: Barbarian.
    —Level adjustment +4.

The biggest issue being that, in the game, he gets natural AC bonus +20 instead of +9

He has no feat such as power attack, cleave, weapon focus (greatclub)... (tho, he gets power attack feat while advancing in level)

He has no level adjustment, he so can advance to level 10 like other humanoids PC/NPC. In ToEE, his level advancing should stop at level 6.

I posted about this at Atari forum, frankly, with Troika being fully handheld with all those critic bugs, I don't think they'll ever look into this...

If someone could just point me out how to edit NPC stats, etc, I might (try to) make fixes myself. To me, it doesn't seem too hard to edit them : just change numbers here and there... :)

Thank you.

PS : also if we could equip him with the greatclub instead of the crossbow when PCs first meet him, it would be more challenging (adequate?). :)

2. Phalzyr

Phalzyr Established Member Veteran

I believe all npc and such are in the protos.tab file but not sure. I haven't messed with that file. Chris woods or anoter Co8 can clarify.

3. Ausir

Ausir Beholder Overseer Veteran

Well, as only the standard races are available for PCs in ToEE, i don't think there are any rules for level adjustment implemented anyway...

4. Shin

Shin Established Member

Errm... I think there's a wayaround for it.

Give him level 4 (with adequate exp) so he can only get 6 additional levels. And add negative base attack bonuses/hitpoints/etc to emulate level 1.

5. Commoner

Commoner Member

Scorrp

Just to confirm: Scorrp's stats are definitely messed up.

The giveaway is that he gets 4!! attacks when doing a full attack. A normal hill giant wouldn't get that many.

I had looked at some of his die rolls and reached some conclusions about where his stats were wrong, but now I've forgotten them. :roll: If I have the chance I'll look again.

6. LastNameLeft

LastNameLeft Member

The level adjustment for scorp is +4 as a hill giant, but with 12d8 Hit Dice he is also a level 12 "hill giant" basically.

Even with no class levels he would be at minimum a 16th level character (xp wise).

7. Shin

Shin Established Member

Please do read this line :

—Racial Hit Dice: A hill giant begins with twelve levels of giant, which provide 12d8 Hit Dice, a base attack bonus of +8, and base saving throw bonuses of Fort +8, Ref +4, and Will +4.

So, no, xp wise, a hill giant starts with 12d8 HD with +4 level adjustment.

[edit] oh, oh. something's wrong..., think you're right in fact... :) So no more level advancing for Scorrp?

Last edited: Oct 9, 2003
Our Host!