A spell problem?

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Bio-Mage, Nov 7, 2005.

Remove all ads!
  1. Bio-Mage

Bio-Mage Member

I got to the Temple level 4 last night (playing with all the recommeneded mods here ans patches) and a wizard (the one with the lots of elementals) casted dominate person on my barbarian half way the battle. I followed casted charm monster on him to precvent him from hitting my own people and then after I finished the battle, I rested only to found that the dominate person persisted although my charm monster effect was gone. I tried to dispell with a wiz and a sorcerer repeatedly but failed to have any effect whatsoever. To make matters worse all my healing spells of my bard and druid started failing as from armour check failure (without the prompt though) even on other characters rather than the barbarian. :doh:

I rested may times but the dominate person still stayed on my character which I kept charming to keep him following. In the end as I got frustrated and got out of the temple to travel to Hommlet I found that once I got there the effect was gone and my people could cast heal normally again. :eek:_O:

Is that something reported before? And if someone knows, Is the dispell function broken in the game against certain spells? :paranoid:

2. Allyx

Allyx Master Crafter Global Moderator Supporter

Hmm, spell permanancy can be fixed in game - tou must talk to Jaroo - the druid in Homlett about raising a character from the dead, then say actually i have a problem with spell permanancy. Jaroo will then Kill/resurrect and restore EX for the affected characters for free.

3. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

And it seems Dispell doesn't do much in this game, unfortunately.

4. Allyx

Allyx Master Crafter Global Moderator Supporter

Oh, it does work - it just depends how you use it. it works on the first buff spell cast by an npc , then the next spell needs it's own dispel magic, but it doesn't target more than one active spell on that npc. Also It works if it's specifically scripted for (IE paida and Larreth). However it doesn't do much good on spell permanancy.

Our Host!