A scripting command to shake the screen

Discussion in 'General Modification' started by Agetian, Oct 1, 2005.

Remove all ads!
  1. Agetian

Agetian Attorney General Administrator

Hmm... While trying to dig up a command that would play a NPC animation for Ted I came across an interesting script function that can be used to shake the screen, similar to the way it's shaken when a critical hit occurs in Baldur's Gate series games:

game.shake(power, duration)

Both values are numbers. The bigger the 'power' value, the higher the effect. I found the value of '100' to be the most acceptable one. '1000' is insane shaking. 'Duration' seems to be given in milliseconds, e.g. 1000 = 1 second, 10000 = 10 seconds, etc.
    The following will be close to the effect in Baldur's Gate:

game.shake(50, 1000)

It's funny that this command was never used in the original game (at least it's not found in any of the original scripts, maybe it's internally called at some time, but I doubt it). I wonder if someone might find some good uses for it?...

- Agetian

2. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

Is this what shakes the screen when a giant wanders by?

You need to play with a giant in your party more often, Agetian ;)

3. Agetian

Agetian Attorney General Administrator

Not sure if it's the same command... At least I can't tweak the parameters enough to cause that single, momentary shake that occurs when the giant walks... Well, maybe it *is* the same command used internally in the C++ code by the way (I'm not sure).

- Agetian

Our Host!