A potentially interesting idea...

Discussion in 'General Modification' started by Zephyr8965, Dec 30, 2009.

Remove all ads!
  1. Zephyr8965

Zephyr8965 Member

I believe this would be the place to post this. If I'm incorrect, I apologize deeply. I'm still kinda new around here and I'm still kinda learning the ropes. :)

So, I've been reading through random things in the forums and had an idea for a mod that might be fun to make, but very much beyond my grasp to do it, myself. (though I'd be willing to learn some stuff to contribute, if by some longshot chance anyone would be willing to make this)

Basically, the mod would be focused around the concept of larger-scaled battles. A lot of recruitable npc's would be available across various locations in the map, some requiring one or more quests, some simply waiting to be recruited. There are two ways to recruit people: into your party, and onto your side of the war. Recruiting people to your side of the war transfers them to your 'base' which is basically just the map you're currently using as your homebase for the war. (could be a town, a fortress, whatever) All recruited npc's will go there. After so much in-game time has passed, a force will attack this base. You'll recieve a message a few weeks before the force arrives, giving plenty of time to get back to base and rest up for the big battle.

Once the time has passed, the force arrives, perhaps there's some dialog between yourself and the enemy commander (if you're there in time...) and then the battle begins. All the npc's you've recruited will align on your side, and all the npc's of the enemy go hostile. It would be very advisable to have npc's with quicker animations, as this could get monotonous if you used slow npc's in a large battle. xD

Anyway, that's the basics of my idea. It's focused on roaming the countryside, gathering followers to your cause and building up for the next big battle. Throw in some quests, a few dungeons here and there, perhaps some town management through scripts and dialog, and some various little story elements for some of the more notable npc's and I think it might be really interesting.

I think it'd also be interesting because it puts a bit of a time restraint on players, so they can't widdle away at enemies too strong for them by retreating and resting till they're fully healed. >:)

Anyway, let me know what you think of the idea. Even if there's not much interest in a mod like this, perhaps it might simply give an interesting idea to someone making something else. Thanks for your time.

2. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

3. Zephyr8965

Zephyr8965 Member

I'll look into that stuff, might be fun to tinker around with it. Thanks for the links. I had my doubts that the idea would draw a lot of interest, but I figured it was worth posting up to see if it draws any discussion of people interested in making mods with the help of others.

Our Host!