A possible bug and a few questions

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Rawel, Jan 23, 2006.

Remove all ads!
  1. Rawel

Rawel Member

First of all the bug. While preparing for the fight with the Hill Giant in emridy meadows
    I cast Protection from Evil on my fighter just in case it helped him. When he was then bashed almost to death i figured i'd better heal him but found i used all my spells except a domain spell of Aid. Well i figured it's better then nothing but what ho the spell didn't work and the game told me it was because the Protection from Evil stopped it. I don't think this should happen since my cleric is a neutral good priest of Pelor.

Also I have some more questions specifically i know there used to be a mod which allowed buying of any spell scrolls for a wizard to learn? Is that still around and if so is it compatible
    with the last version of the Co8 patch?

Last but not least is there a walkthrough for the patched and modded ToEE? All the walkthroughs i've found are hopelessly old and cover next to nothing. While winning the game is still pretty easy finding all the hidden nooks and crannies added seems to be quite tough. If there is no walkthrough would there be a demand for one? I'm thinking i might try to compile one if there is a feeling that it would be worth it?

Thanks for any answers in advance
    Rawel

EDIT: removed a question since i found the answer in a different thread.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2006
  2. maalri

maalri Immortal

I believe there would DEFINITELY be a demand for a Walkthrough of the ToEE Mods.

I know I would love one.

It would be extremely exhausting to keep up with, though, I think.

3. Cerulean the Blue

Cerulean the Blue Blue Meanie Veteran

At walk through is a great idea. I think someone is working on one, but I'm not sure. Duplicate efforts would be good to make sure everything gets put in.

However, don't ask who has the password for the control box. I'm not telling.;)

I have no clue about the protection from evil thing. Most likely it is hard coded in the spell.

Our Host!