A place with soemthing for everyone...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Lord_Spike, Mar 4, 2007.

Remove all ads!
  1. Lord_Spike

Lord_Spike Senior Member Veteran

A place with something for everyone...

I went North today, and spent some time with Curufin & his maiden fair today. Lady Spike was along as well. We got some grub to celebrate a thing or two, but not until after we checked out an awesome place to do almost everything outdoors-y:

www.usnwc.org

Curufin & I are plotting our next visit, when we will have boats in tow since we've scoped it out & are fairly certain we can survive the ride. It's a lot like a giant water feature, with an upper & lower pond. Various trails lead from top to bottom, and then one ascends via conveyer to the upper pond again for another run. We're thinking May would be a good time to give it a real test. A good many folks were running it today, though. You can even take a raft if you prefer it to a 'yak.

Ooooh...left out the part(s) about camping, rock climbing, mountain biking, hiking, and everything else there is to do there.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2007
  2. ShadowDragoon

ShadowDragoon Advocate of Vengence

Hmm... I'll have to bookmark that site for later. It looks very interesting. Maybe one of these days I'll have to get out and do something like that. White water rafting...

3. sirchet

sirchet Force for Goodness Moderator Supporter

Isn't White Water Rafting one of the first symtons of insanity:p
    HeHe, looks like alot of fun, if not very physically demanding.

ps.........take some pictures when ya'll go. :)

4. Ax Thrower

Ax Thrower Blood Lust

Spike... when you do let me know... I work in Charlotte.... unfortunately I have not had time to check it out yet... (too cold the water not the weather as you all know I've camped at 18 in the morning):drunk:

Our Host!