A lot of crashes when starting/closing the game

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Borsook, Sep 3, 2013.

Remove all ads!
  1. Borsook

Borsook Established Member

I've tried two installs on two computers, one with Win 7, one with 8, both 64bit, one on AMD and one Intel CPU. And still the game crashes after "loading sectors" 75% of time. Sometimes it starts :( I can only note that it starts more often in window mode than in fullscreen. The actual error happens in temple.dll. And of course I'm using 7.9.0... Does anybody have a similar issues?

2. short

short Member

I think many people have that issue with this version. This is probably the most relevant thread: http://www.co8.org/forum/showthread.php?t=10527

Personally I deal with it by just starting the game a few times until it works. Once it's finally running it doesn't crash (more than it used to). It usually starts after 2-3 tries for me.

3. Borsook

Thanks, this helped. All problems are gone if I start the jar and not the exe file.

4. BenWH

BenWH BGPHughes

I find the simplest way around this is to switch resolutions each time you load. I have 2 I know work and if I switch after the CTD (which I get every time I load up the first time), it will always load. Give it a go.

5. Borsook

Well, there is no need, running TFE-X.jar and not TFE-X.exe solves on all the problems for me.

Our Host!