A funny thing happened...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Lord_Spike, Nov 15, 2005.

Remove all ads!
  1. Lord_Spike

Lord_Spike Senior Member Veteran

2. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

Damn thats funny - its also scarily probable (the spammers, not the Alien ;))

3. Cujo

Cujo Mad Hatter Veteran

I'm going to hijack this tread...

I'm going to hijack this tread cos the title is good for my topic.

what is your funnyest or strangest ToEE moment?

I would have to say mine was when I was fighting the lamia and it cast blindness on my whole party, but I thought "I'll just charge my fighter up there anyway" and to my suprise he hacked into her, even got a few criticals. after the battle I checked what feats I'd given him and saw I'd given him blind fight at some point - well it payed off anyway

4. Allyx

Allyx Master Crafter Global Moderator Supporter

My funniest ToEE moment must be when I fought Hedrack and co. (with Livonya's mod) everything was going ok, Zaxis died - wasn't too bothered at the time, more XP for me! Iuz and Cuthbert showed up, Iuz animated Zaxis, then Cuthbert resurrected and healed him, then (not noticing what had happened) I turned undead - and Zaxis' Zombie got destroyed! Unfortunately I couldn't get rid of him after that, but he could carry all my loot (kinda like an unseen servant) for me!

5. Shiningted

First thing that comes to my mind is still when I was dukin' it out with the giant in Emridy Meadows and one of the skeletons wandered in and started shooting the bear with his crossbow. The bear headed over and sorted him out, but it kept me in the fight and gave me a good laugh too.

6. Hunter

Hunter Digging KOTB

I had just killed Gremag and let rannos get away -- returned to my Nulb safehouse and was "Surprised" by Rannos' gang. Meleny used her lamia figurine to spawn one near the thug leader. The lamia casted mirror image to avoid the thug leader's deadly spiked chain. On the next turn, she (the lamia) charmed the thug leader who then helped me finish off his friends with said weapon. (Insert good laugh) He followed me for the rest of the game as an uncontrollable NPC (always on the screen, but no icon below) and was quite an asset on the battlefield (didn't have much to say though). He even provided the kill shot on Zuggs in the final battle. Ha!:cool2:

7. Obadiah

Obadiah Member

My funniest moment is from way back when, before there was even an atari 1 patch. I was down in the temple area, like 3rd level or so, and I got spike growth "permanently" on my cleric... what a hoot that was!

8. Shiningted

Hmmm, I had a 'dancing Homer' moment of a character getting stuck on something and doing the 'run' animation on the spot... I forget the details, but I remember thinking, "I wish I could mod that to happen on purpose".

9. krunch

krunch moving on in life

The funniest moment in a ToEE game from my experience is...from when I had a party in Emridy Meadows.

The cleric in that party did a turn undead during the rainbow rock fight with the skeletal priest and other undead in combat. The skeletal priest took off running southwest. It was the last undead left in combat, except that it took off running away. The party chased the skeletal priest to the perimeter of the area where the hill giant and cave bear can be found at. The party backed away and moved to the north and left Emridy Meadows.

A party level or two later, the party returned to Emridy Meadows to kill the hill giant and its pet bear. The party kept a distance and fireballed the hill giant and the cave bear. Low and behold, combat ensued. The cave bear proceeded to attack the party. However, the hill giant became preoccupied with the skeletal priest casting its nasty desecrate (sp?) spell and attacking the hill giant. The fighter types in the party slayed the cave bear. The spellslingers cast distance spells to damage the hill giant while trying not to damage the skeletal priest. The skeletal priest was killed in the third round by the hill giant, and the party finished off the hill giant.

No one in the party took any damage during that fight.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2005
  10. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

11. Lord_Spike

Lord_Spike Senior Member Veteran

Strange & funny...but the joke was on me. I went my entire first run through the Temple without memorizing any cleric spells...other than what I had to start with. I thought the game was F'd up, but it was me. I kept having to buy healing spells, etc. to get the party healthy...and rested a lot, too. This worked fine, until I got the "butcher" rep after killing the Lamia-charmed Elmo, who was wiping me out repeatedly. Then, I had no help from NPC spell healers at all. I bought the staff of life, which was ok, until my cleric got killed; then, I had to recruit Ashrem from the air node to use it & get my guy back on his feet. The staff ran out of charges in Zuggy's prison, and I had to fight it out with her using a 10th level cleric in my party with a handful of low level spells...

But, I whooped her ass anyway.

12. Obadiah

Obadiah Member

Actually, I recently had a pretty funny experience on the first floor of the temple, in the room with the 400 goblins and the 1 ogre (well, maybe it's like 20 goblins, but it seems like 400). Anyhoo, my party busted in there and smoked the ogre the first round. Meanwhile, most (if not all) of the goblins surrounded my burly fighter type during that first round and gave him a couple of good whacks. Little did they know the retribution that was about to come in the form of the "great cleaving". Hell, even I didn't know it was going to be so brutal.

So, with his 2 handed sword and potion of bulls strength, my fighter cleaves his way through like almost all the goblins the very next turn. I picked off the stragglers with the rest of my party, finishing the fight in 2 rounds, and saving my fireball spells for more challenging opponents.

If you have the means, you should definately try to get a level 7 or so fighter down there with great cleave and experience it for yourself. Nothing like chopping through like 20 or so goblins in 1 round. I suggest that you select full attack from the radial menu, so you can 5 foot step after you clear out the first 10 that have you surrounded and then get another group of 5 or so that are adjacent to one of your other party members. It's a hoot. In fact, it could be a cool little competition....... hmmm.

13. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

Brother Smyth Takes A Break

Just had one of those funny ToEE quirk things . . . (apologies if you've seen this before)

After saving in Hommlet next to Brother Smyth and his shop, I reloaded at a later time and found the good blacksmith just standing there. No swinging of the anvil, which normally he does ceaselessly night and day.

I wanted to shout "Slacker!" but hey, even Brother Smyth should take a break now and then. ;)

14. Allyx

Allyx Master Crafter Global Moderator Supporter

While on vacation in Blackpool, I saw this. It struck me as funny so I took a picture of it.
    Its's the church of St. Cuthbert everyone! :giggle:

Attached Files:

15. Shiningted

Ok, hadn't seen that post from Alllyx but also had the good sense to take a snapshot of this funny moment.

Was resting in the 3rd level of the Temple to see what effect this had on my Vampire. Woke up 8 or so hours later to find a troll had wandered in during the night, but since I was invisible he was unsure what to do next, leading to this moment:

Attached Files:

Our Host!