A few small fixes and changes

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by mwnn, Jan 13, 2012.

Remove all ads!
  1. mwnn

mwnn Member

Last bit of testing...

The Black Elven Chain (Picture #1) isn't affected by any enchantment loss (Picture #2)

The Wooden Shield +4 (Picture #3 and #4) is affected by enchantment loss (Picture #5)

Attached Files:

2. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

Hey mwnn, I do intend to respond to your most recent batch of reports - just been a bit busy lately. Thanks again for the continued feedback.

Re: crafting, are your items exceeding the name length limit? (There's no stated limit; it's just a known bug that going outside the bounding box will crash the game.)

3. mwnn

mwnn Member

I don't believe so - I usually remove the added descriptions.

Whilst the game might make a +3 Holy Shocking Dwarven War Axe like so:

Code:
    Masterwork Dwarven War Axe +1 +2 +3 Holy Shocking
    I'll change it to simply read:

Code:
    Dwarven War Axe +3

I can tell when the game will crash on an OK confirmation in the crafting window - as the EXP and ITEM value fields all go negative.

EDIT 1

I've tested it again now - and it's working without the crashing.

The item value and experience fields go negative as in Picture #5 of Post #45. The character that's doing the crafting appears to gain experience.

Saw an weird instance where adding even more enchantments made the crafting window go all borked (Picture #1)

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 7, 2012
  4. Pygmy

Pygmy Established Member Supporter

Where do the Black Elven Chain and +4 wooden shield come from?

5. mwnn

mwnn Member

At a very late point in the game.

The Black Chain (AC10 DEX BONUS 8) is taken off a Drow in the Quarry when solving "Tools of the Trade"

I believe I got the +4 Wooden Shield (AC6) there too.

The Dwarven Blacksmith (whom you solve this quest for) will also sell some other items when he moves to Verboblonc - I believe I also saw a Metal Shield +5.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2012
  6. Pygmy

Pygmy Established Member Supporter

Thank you very much mwnn

7. mwnn

mwnn Member

I mentioned earlier that one pair of "Boots of Speed" were performing rather strangely.

• We'll start with a picture of them working normally - through the radial menu. The character gets a glow effect whilst they're working (Picture #1)

• The next picture shows the boots equipped and the combat log shows the +1 haste bonus (Picture #2) That would otherwise be fine, except...

• That particular character wearing the boots has no option on the radial menu and the boots haven't been enabled (Picture #3)

• Close that characters inventory and reopen - checking the log and the bonus disappears (Picture #4)

• Add a weapon into that characters slot and the haste bonus reappears! (Picture #5 left)

• Close the inventory and reopen and the bonus disappears! (Picture #5 right)

I don't really like to post these weird engine quirks - for fear of sending you on a wild goose chase. Maybe it's OS related, save corruption after 40+ hours of play or something else - who knows?

ToEE certainly is a very strange game - working seemingly perfectly for hours at a time....

...before deciding to go on a crashing spate and making other weirdness occur - but then Troika didn't exactly make polished games - Arcanum & Vampire both have unofficial patches too!

Attached Files:

8. Rocktoy

Rocktoy Established Member

I have had similiar problems with the Boots of speed and the Robes Midnight. I guess it is some wonderous item's version of spell permanency. This is why I like to use only magical items that have passive effects, the active types can go haywire.

9. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

That's true for a variety of things. I don't think your ability to do so should be limited by whether you've reported it to the most significant player. (It's not like they immediately get together and compare notes.)

No.

No. For reasons I can't recall, you need to go straight to Verbo.

The ghosts are supposed to be basically invulnerable. I take it you turned one?

No, they should all be there when you go out.

10. chano

chano Established Member

Played WotGS four times and the first battle is too easy as they appear one at the time.
    I just though that was to ease the player in, but i guess it is a bug.

11. Rocktoy

Rocktoy Established Member

At least the big bunch outside are not. I failed to wait them to leave and went back into the castle. After that they wouldn’t leave anymore, so I tried turning. Got even little XP from turning them, but eventually they were too numerous for me to turn them all.

Our Host!