A few questions..

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Urbannen, Apr 15, 2007.

Remove all ads!
  1. Urbannen

Urbannen Member

A few questions about ToEE, if anyone could be good enough to comment/advise:

- I've noticed that my characters can pass through doors without opening them, even locked doors. Is that correct? It's a bit annoying. Sometimes when I go to open a door, I target the space on the other side by mistake, and a fight ensues when the character goes through. Then no other party members can use spells or ranged attacks through the closed door. And of course you can't open or close a door during combat.

-I can't save Ironman games through quick save. Ironman games seem to save whenever you enter a new area or when a battle ends. If you enter an area then do bartering or resting and then want to quit, the game won't save those activities. You just go back to where you were when you entered the area for the first time. Is that correct?

-Enemies do not provoke AoOs when they use potions, although my party does. Is that correct?

-It seems Otis is higher level than Elmo. Otis wants a "full share" of treasure as opposed to Elmo's "half share". Do they take the same share of treasure? My party of elven wizards is thinking of upgrading their man-at-arms.

Thanks!

2. maggit

maggit Zombie RipTorn Wonka

-Hmm you seem to be right about the potions...
    I wonder why... anyway walking through doors
    happens sometimes and we can't do anything
    about it. I think you just have to run through
    them and they will open... or let your character
    go through.
    -Another thing, it seems you have autosave on,
    turn it off because you might miss some events
    in the game.
    -Thirdly, never play on IronMan, saves tend to
    get corrupt.
    -They will take gold from what I know.

3. Xanaq

Xanaq Crazy Sorcerer

Ive seen the door thing, though thankfully ive never started combat that way.

I have a party of 5 dwarfs and 2 of them walk through locked doors while the others get left behind. Strange.

4. Fernando

Fernando Established Member

As I recall, whenever I'm fighting bugbears and they use their potions, I get my good share of attacks of oportunity. I'm mostly sure that it happens all the time, or at least if sometimes the AoOs aren't working, I never noticed. You know, the heat of the battle and all that...

5. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

The AoO thing was definitely a long-standing bug, but it was finally fixed by Spellslinger and is available in subsequent beta patches to 5.0.0.

The pass-through-doors thing is also a known bug, but that will probably never be fixed.

Ironman games have become such anathema here that I can't even remember what they do save-wise. Just don't play ironman. Period.

Not sure how much treasure Otis and Elmo really take. Just be aware that post-Co8 mods, what they say they take isn't neccesarily accurate anymore.

Our Host!