A couple of bugs

Discussion in 'General Modification' started by dcpuser, Nov 13, 2007.

Remove all ads!
  1. dcpuser

dcpuser Member

Currently I have the game installed with Patch #2 plus the latest version of Co8 mod. The game was going well until I was given the quest from Brother Smyth to get the GIant's Head. I gave him the head and he thanks me (XP awarded and I do get the masterwork listing) however the quest will not update on my journal. The option of ask about Masterwork armor comes up again and this gives me the quest again (the journal book lights up) however in the book I get a blank entry (it says accepted but there is no quest text). Using console and getting another Giant's Head doesn't fix this (he'll accept, award quest XP but the original quest still shows up as Accepted and not Completed and there's also that new blank quest). Now I also can not add any new quests to the journal and I'm certain it's because of this bugged quest. It's a game breaker unfortunately...

2. Allyx

Allyx Master Crafter Global Moderator Supporter

Hmm, wierd. that bug appears to be unique to your install, You could try installing the 5.0.4 CMF patch, which should fix the issue, though a new game is required to make the fix work properly.

3. Half Knight

Half Knight Gibbering Mouther

I had the same problem with the Orc's cave, after killing them, blank text. And the old man never mentioned again any related...
    But i still can have others quests, and complete them...

4. dcpuser

dcpuser Member

Ok I uninstalled the game completely and then reinstalled plus applied the latest patch 5.0.4. Unfortuantely now Stealing Farmers and Woodcutter's Problem both won't show up as completed (it'll stay accepted though you get the reward xp). I'm fine with that I guess but the only issue is the woodcutter now won't advance to the save the daughter from poison quest. It gets mentioned in the dialogue but there are no updates. Talking to Jaroo offers none of the dialogue options too to find the plant. I havent gone very far in the game yet.

Our Host!